Behike 52

I walked into my local cigar store last night here in London and was having a look at their humidor, well presented and well stocked..while browsing a Behike 52 caught my eye with its golden brown sheen and throughly oily appereance..I picked it up and could literally feel the oil on the wrapper and as a result couldn't put it down..i asked for the cutter and lighter and started out on the fantastic, fantastic stick..now i have smoked the 52 before but this was brilliant..i chatted to the girl in the shop for a while longer about the arrival of the Montecristo Gran Reserva - she brought out one of their boxes - looked and smelt immaculate...and after discovering the owners stash of aged cigars, which he has in the back for sale (he doesnt have enough room for them in his humidor at home)..'02 Lancero and '98 Hoyo des Dieux- were just a few of the gems (would have been rude not to buy one)...was finally on my way..

out the door and continued on with the 52 and my word did it live upto everything it should have, could have and will continue to be described as..

I guess this little tale is in following on from the 'Eureka' moment story that Prez wrote the other day regarding the PLPC..I enjoyed the cigar so much, was completely relaxed and found myself later (hours later) sitting there with delicious taste of toasted tobacco and the clean oily reminance of the 52 lingering..

To say that i will be going back for another today in an understatement..as soon as i have a spare moment i will be off like a shot to collect myself another oily beauty, heres hoping it lives upto the last..

99/100 in my opinion and certainly the best cigar i have smoked in a very longtime..Bravo Cohiba, Bravo HSA and well done to TomTom Cigars for the splendid upkeep of the cigar..

I immplore you, if you havent tried one and have been meaning too, find somewhere you can get them (CZAR) and grab 1 or 2..they are worth it..

All the best for the weekend ahead - smoke some beauties and I hope that you enjoy them as I do..

CT

Great stuff. The 52s were my best smokes of 2011.. Still have 7 left for aging.. Many here prefer the 54 to the 52, but my experience has seen the 52 Smoke far superior! Just a tremendously statisfying smoking experience. Almost worth the $38 USD ($100 Canadian) Each!!! Hmmmmmm Almost... :lookaround:

Almost worth the $38 USD ($100 Canadian) Each!!! Hmmmmmm Almost... :lookaround:

Lol...I think you might be off a wee bit with the currency exchange rate.

Lol...I think you might be off a wee bit with the currency exchange rate.

lol, True, but to clarify... the $38 USD is at the Czars Price Point, the $100 Canadian is what the LCDH Canada Charges.. cant even imagine what he paid in British Pounds for these...

Add the taxes and it almost get to $100 Hemsworth. But I echo the sentiments about the 52. When they are on there is almost nothing that compares. Of the 8 52's I have smoked one was a 99/100, one was a 96/100 and the rest were 92-93/100. They were all excellent cigars and I will be happy to see how my second and last box ages over the coming years.

The first time I bought a box I paid a great price and Matthew and I went absolutely nuts for them. It was definitely the best cigar we ever had. A bout a year passed and so many other smokes came forward that really, the BHK52 was great but at the end of the day, just a top one in the rotation?

My second box was when I turned 50. The first stick was no big deal. I think I got it in my head that these were super cigars. They may have been too young. Here it is 6 months later and I tried again, and it was much better. The rest are going away for a long sleep.

Yes...if you're going to buy them at a local B&M then $100 is accurate. This is a cigar that *IF* I were ever to purchase, it would be whilst in Cuba. I will never pay $100 for a single cigar...no matter how much money I may have. Not with the resources that are available to us. It's just nonsense.

Yes...if you're going to buy them at a local B&M then $100 is accurate. This is a cigar that *IF* I were ever to purchase, it would be whilst in Cuba. I will never pay $100 for a single cigar...no matter how much money I may have. Not with the resources that are available to us. It's just nonsense.

100% agree. I can afford it, but won't pay it because I think it's ridiculous, but for the high 20's to low 30's depending on the source I was more than happy to secure a couple of boxes. BTW, the box from Czar contained the 99 & 96 rated cigars...it was also from early in the production.

elbubble..the price here is 33 pounds..but in my opinion worth every penny..

To echo the sentiment of others I agree the 54 is a brilliant smoke, the 52 was just so right last night..

However, I can imagine that they will age well..

cheers,

CT

They are $320-ish here including shipping, so $32 a cigar. Do a box split and since you do the buying, keep the box, which is gorgeous.

They are $320-ish here including shipping, so $32 a cigar. Do a box split and since you do the buying, keep the box, which is gorgeous.

That's much more reasonable, yes. I still think that they will stay on my "to buy in Cuba" list, though. Especially since they will probably just go to sleep for a couple of years. At least, that's what my 2011 box of Siglo III's has dictated for this marca.

That was nicely spoken! Thanks a lot!

Maybe I have to try a 52 next time I'm at an LCDH lounge. However, I could buy three cigars of that price, Hoyo des Dieuxes, Boli GMs, HU 46s or whatever... Is it really worth these mentioned?

elbubble..the price here is 33 pounds..but in my opinion worth every penny..

To echo the sentiment of others I agree the 54 is a brilliant smoke, the 52 was just so right last night..

However, I can imagine that they will age well..

cheers,

CT

Thats not bad, about $48 USD, a more than affordable B&M price compared to the insane Canadian $109/ea!!!

Cheers Mate

+1 on the BHK Boxes Lisa, I have the 52-52-56 on One shelf of my Glass Cabinet display Humidor, at night when I put the LED's on, the Boxes look like Museum Pieces.. Just stellar!!

Thats not bad, about $48 USD, a more than affordable B&M price compared to the insane Canadian $109/ea!!!

Cheers Mate

BHK52's sell for between $500 & $600 a box in Alberta. I always thought tabacco was cheaper in Ontario the Alberta

100+ per cigar here. How is it half price in Alberta?? Hemsworth, for the price fo a box here (1000$) we could fly to Cuba for an all inclusive for a week AND get a box there. Exact same price...lol

Easy there killer...... All inclusive??? Where? At El Rancho Loco??

Last box of 52's I bought he gave them to me for $500 but that was with 10%off. Looked online @ another B&M and the are advertising $60 per stick.

Hemsworth, for the price fo a box here (1000$) we could fly to Cuba for an all inclusive for a week AND get a box there. Exact same price...lol

Yeah...my thoughts exactly!

4* brother. I have never stayed anywhere less. 4* in Cuba is like 2.5 the rest of the world...lol

Spot on. I stayed at a 4 star last year and I found it quite alright. The girlfriends co-worker went to the same resort and I think she thought it was to be a little less swanky than a Ritz Carlton because it was 4 stars...

I have yet to try a behike due to the massive price tag in Ontario but I'm sure some will make their way in on my next czar order :)

+1 on the BHK Boxes Lisa, I have the 52-52-56 on One shelf of my Glass Cabinet display Humidor, at night when I put the LED's on, the Boxes look like Museum Pieces.. Just stellar!!

I have two of these boxes. I use them on my coffee table where we smoke to hold lighter, cutter etc. and one in my smoking lounge up north.

Yes, my smoking lounge. Just a tiny room on our cottage but it rocks.