Cuaba Piramides 2008 Edicion Limitada

No real review here. I'm not the biggest fan of this marca but of the remaining sticks from this box, one was pretty beat up at the foot from heavy handed customers so I took it off the shelf months ago. Today I decided to smoke it since I can't sell it. It was better than my average Cuaba experience though.

post-9066-13300296733464.jpg

post-9066-13300296821988.jpg

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=20.630091,-87.069792

Smoked one this past summer on Angus Glen, a great Canadian golf course in Ontario. That day I also brought along a Romeo y Julieta LE 2007 Escudos. My golf partner and I kept trading the cigars to compare the flavors and to be honest we really enjoyed the Cuaba. A nice woodiness about it and the Romeo didn't quite leave the same warm fuzzy feeling..

One bad thing about that day was that it was windy...... Maybe not the best time to smoke cigars that deserve more respect but hey, we were on a day off..

Love these. I've got a number of boxes of them. I had one bad experience that turned me off of them for a bit, but they're quite nice. Completely different from all the other Cuaba stuff, which is kind of what makes them nice! :rolleyes:;)

These are usually 92-94 cigars for me. Lots of dark chocolate, nutmeg, and nuts, but also with definite hits of raisins, cloves, leather. Quite a "desert" cigar, IMO.

The most peanuty cigar I've had, raw, roasted and peanutbutter. Quite a bit of raisin too.

Are they anything at all like a San Cristobal Muralla? I have an HQ box that simply has an amazing aroma... I didn't really know what to call it, but I can absolutely see a roasted peanutty aroma.