PL Encantos v PL petit corona

Hi Mate

Interesting question ,I have both ,and I am really torn over this ,but while the Encantos are really good and will more than Likely get better over time ,the PLPC'S which have a excellent reputation of improving with age are also excellent ,but in a photo finish I would pick the PLPC'S ,more so because you get more bang for your buck ,because you get a Cab of 50 ,and you can dip into them a bit and still have some left ,while they age and get even better

OZ :cigar:

I'm no expert on PL's. I have smoked about 8 Encantos and nearly my entire 50 Cab of PLPC. For me the PLPC win out big time. I've had draw problems on the Encantos..plus they are young. My PLPC are from '07 and are fantastic. In my opinion you can't go wrong with the little guys.

I'd be willing to bet that 5 year old Encantos will be better than 5 year old PLPCs. I'm not sure by how big a margin though. I wouldn't bother smoking them today. IMO, right now they're a solid 90 point cigar, but I feel they're going to improve quite a bit so smoking them now would seem like a waste to me. If I didn't have either and could buy only one right now, I'd definitely go with the PCs because they are a damn good cigar and a staple in the rotation. Plus with the Encantos, you'll probably still be able to pick up a box in a couple of years for the same price as today. Wait until the 25 box Encantos are closer to "ready", and you can sample some PCs from the 50 cab in the meantime. And when both of them are ready, you'll have a good number of both to smoke.

Encantos are limited production. PCs are regular production. Taste is subjective, so one is not "better" than the other. Price is a factor, but if you are asking this question, I assume either price is good with you. PCs will be available next year if you hate the Encantos. Encantos may not be. My choice would be Encantos for those reasons.

All Asia Pacific regionals going back to 2006 are still available, I think it's a safe bet the Encantos aren't going away anytime soon.

The nice thing about the Encantos is you have a great cigar right now and hopefully in the future. Smoking great with a honeyed sweetness that's hard to resist.

The bad thing is you can have 2 PC's for one Encantos.

My 08 PLPC's are still a long way from being at their best, need another 3 years at least.

Encantos!

Sorry to say Dicko when I saw the question I answered "both" without hesitating. This is not fence sitting because I love them both for very different reasons - and they are of course very different cigars.

Might be best value to grab say 8 PCs and 4 Encantos and give them an audition in the storage conditions you would house the full boxes in. You could well end up like me with a box of each down the track as a result. :rolleyes:

Sorry to say Dicko when I saw the question I answered "both" without hesitating. This is not fence sitting because I love them both for very different reasons - and they are of course very different cigars.

Might be best value to grab say 8 PCs and 4 Encantos and give them an audition in the storage conditions you would house the full boxes in. You could well end up like me with a box of each down the track as a result. :rolleyes:

We all know I'm going to end up with both! wink.gif

Thanks for all the replies everyone! I have read and considered every post. I'm leaning towards the PLPC at this stage. Might pick up an Encantos box next cigar budget!