Thinking of going to the Habanos festival

Andy : for 90% cheaper you'd have to marry me ....... ( still have an old tee saying : "Marry me, Fly free" ) but : I'm married and you're too hairy - good things both :2thumbs:

Now, while an Embraer or Canadair or Global would do the job from Ireland or central Europe for a small group, we'd need a bigger a/c from continental Europe for a larger group ( unless we do a refuelling stop in YYZ with a 737/320 to pick up the canucks ). If you're serious I can get a quote but I believe the minimum pax number would have to be +/- 60 for a B-737 or 150 for a B-7(5)67 / A-330.

Remember though that the price would be x2 as the a/c cannot just be parked in the HAV tarmac waiting for us to finish the 2 weeks of fun ... and flying it to MIA just to have it out of the way doesn't work :cowpoop:

Isn't it about time to resume trans-Atlantic Zeppelin travel? I am hoping to get a zed fare from YYZ to HAV but am not sure if DL will approve even if I am traveling on a CDN passport. If I don't make it this year, I will be there in 2013.

Andy : for 90% cheaper you'd have to marry me ....... ( still have an old tee saying : "Marry me, Fly free" ) but : I'm married and you're too hairy - good things both :2thumbs:

It's only the people you care about most who can hurt you so cruelly!

:)

To be honest, when pricing the jet charter, I had a slow day at work and drifted into fantasy land for an hour or two.

I'm so cheap I still get a thrill when a tobacconist offers me a free box of matches!

I have to say though, every time it takes me 24 hours to get door to door from Dublin to Havana, thoughts of "there has to be an easier way" enter my head again.

If I win the lottery, it's definitely on the list.

Jet out and this back

http://www.jameslist.com/advert/270961/for-sale-ziegler-shipyards-stargazer

with stops in the Azores, Canaries and Gib. Think of what we'd save on accomodation in Cuba!

(Another slow day in work! :daydream: )

Now, while an Embraer or Canadair or Global would do the job from Ireland or central Europe for a small group, we'd need a bigger a/c from continental Europe for a larger group ( unless we do a refuelling stop in YYZ with a 737/320 to pick up the canucks ). If you're serious I can get a quote but I believe the minimum pax number would have to be +/- 60 for a B-737 or 150 for a B-7(5)67 / A-330.

Remember though that the price would be x2 as the a/c cannot just be parked in the HAV tarmac waiting for us to finish the 2 weeks of fun ... and flying it to MIA just to have it out of the way doesn't work :cowpoop:

Would we be able to smoke on the plane? LOL

This would be a great way to go to Cuba. Have fun when you are there everyone. Hope to go in April or October, depending on schedule. Have to travel to AZ in March and Hawaii in May so April will be a game day decision.

Thinking of going this fall just for a 4- or 5-day getaway, a "guys trip" just to go down and shop and grab some cigars. As we get closer to, will have to get tips/recommendations from you all for casa particulares in Habana.

But, for me, next year's festival will be a for sure. It'd be a blast. Las Vegas in November, and then Habanos festival in February. Awesome! :drool:

• 2 weeks later...

I and a friend are going to the Cigar Festival. I have tickets for the opening night and the plantation and factory visits. Although we have accommodation (as part of the Sunwing flight package), I'd prefer to stay at a casa particulare. Can anyone suggest a good casa? Also, apart from dinner at La Guarida, can anyone suggest other restaurants or cabarets to visit? I expect we will make thw requisite visit to Hemingway's and sit down at the Nacional for a mohito or two. But other suggestions of places to go or people to meet would be welcome. Thanks.

Sure sounds like 2013 is the year to attend.. Yes, the speeches may sound dull to most but I'm guessing that if you have any interest in Cuban cigars and the numbers associated with different countries around the world, then I'm sure that many questions regarding distribution would be answered. Plus..... being able to have access to El Laguito must be at least a bit of a thrill to some... I'd love to walk down those hallowed halls. The music you'd hear, cigars you'd smoke and people you'd meet would make it all worth while to me!

See ya next year! ( you'll be able to spot me easily, I'll be the guy with a cigar)