a river runs through it

Ken Gargett

had never seen this so settled in last night with some mount *** extra old and a really wonderful old partagas lusi.

what a great flick. thought brad pitt was excellent. anyone who enjoys fly fishing needs to see it but even if you don't still terrific stuff.

A great movie. Very surprised that you've never seen this before Ken. His older stuff was great. Really loved him in this, Fight Club, and in Meet Joe Black.

was one of those films that snuck through and never got around to it. think i was travelling at the time.

always though brad pitt does a good job. even in thelma and louise, he was good.

was one of those films that snuck through and never got around to it. think i was travelling at the time.

always though brad pitt does a good job. even in thelma and louise, he was good.

If you really liked this then, and you haven't seen it yet, then I definitely recommend Meet Joe Black. An absolute tour-de-force of a cast (with Anthony Hopkins, Claire Forlani, and TONS of great names as character actors); a very different movie, but well worth it. Based on the "Death Takes a Holiday" play.

If you really liked this then, and you haven't seen it yet, then I definitely recommend Meet Joe Black. An absolute tour-de-force of a cast (with Anthony Hopkins, Claire Forlani, and TONS of great names as character actors); a very different movie, but well worth it. Based on the "Death Takes a Holiday" play.

ta for that. will chase it. i'm pretty sure i saw it but can't recall it so perhaps not. have watched as much of hopkins as possible. very big fan.

saw him quite a number of times on the london stage late 80's. brilliant. did one of the great lears of all time.

ta for that. will chase it. i'm pretty sure i saw it but can't recall it so perhaps not. have watched as much of hopkins as possible. very big fan.

saw him quite a number of times on the london stage late 80's. brilliant. did one of the great lears of all time.

Best Hopkins (aside from his Hannibal roles) that I've seen is him in Meet Joe Black, and then in Titus. You mentioned King Lear, so that got me thinking of Shakespeare. Hopkins did a movie version of Titus Andronicus (sic?), the movie was just called "Titus". Had a great cast in it as well, with Colm Feore, Jessica Lange, Angus MacFayden, Alan Cumming, etc. That movie, Titus, is my 2nd favorite play-converted-to-movie Shakespeare stuff, right behind "William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet" by Baz Luhrman.

Good stuff. Now you've got ME reminiscing. Time to whip out some of these old movies tonight maybe.... :pooped:

This is a great movie. Pitt's movies, his acting in general just get better. I enjoyed Fight Club a lot. Meet Joe Black is somewhat under appreciated. Great flick. His performance in Thirteen Monkeys is manic. Another seldom seen movie. And while I thought Tree Of Life was a director's self indulgence on overdrive, Pitt's performance was very human. For a "pretty boy" he really seems to take his craft seriously.

had never seen this so settled in last night with some mount *** extra old and a really wonderful old partagas lusi.

what a great flick. thought brad pitt was excellent. anyone who enjoys fly fishing needs to see it but even if you don't still terrific stuff.

Never seen it? OMG - where have you been if you are a flyfisherman?

• 1 month later...

I am kid of suprised that a flick of this age is being brought up for discussion. However, from what I remember it was a good film, after watching fight club I started viewing other Brad movies.