Hello from the surface of the SUN

Hi all

Over here in Perth has been a scorcher for the last couple of weeks

After nearly two weeks of 35+(95.f) now we have had nearly a week of 40.c(104) and today was 42.c (107)

And for the next week no end in sight ,it's been so hot at night average night time min has been 28.c(82.4)

That enjoying a Cigar has not been particularly enjoyable TO BLOODY HOT :hot:B)

But I imagine that being to hot is as bad as being to cold

Cheers OZ :cigar:

I am sure you would 😄but believe me prolonged heat like this can be quite debilitating ,as I am sure it is where you guys in Canada and Europe are but only too cold instead,

I didn't want to come across as a whinger,just want what we would all like the GOLDILOCKS zone where it's not to hot not to cold😄

It's a Mediterranean climate here Di for most of the year it's damn near perfect but Jan / Feb it's stinking hot

But finally got out to back yard having a delightful BBF 11:40 pm and 26.c perfect

Cheers OZ

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-31.884668,115.829307

after living in both debilitating heat and debilitating cold, I would take the heat any day. -40c is way worse than 40c for an extended period of time.

I think most people would

Yes, cold is much worse. In Houston it is always above 80% humidity and ussually hot to go with it. But when it gets in the 30's with high humidity it is horrible. You have to understand that we don't own jackets and other warm clothes. I have shorts and flip flops on in January.

Buck up my friend!

Buy one of Robs fly swatters. Spray a stream of water on it so it flings water all over the place, turn your back to it and light up a cigar. When it shorts out... cuss the bugger out and return it... -LOL

I am turning my fan to the west... tell me when you feel the breeze! We can get weeks of 3 digit heat. I feel your pain. -Ray

Last summer in Phoenix I recorded 124 degrees in my car and 115+ several other times. Extreme heat or cold is no bueno no matter what it is. Keep warm/cool wherever you are and find a good B&M where you can smoke inside. And for you poor SOB's in Toronto who can't smoke indoors for fear of the law -- good luck :)

Buck up my friend!

Buy one of Robs fly swatters. Spray a stream of water on it so it flings water all over the place, turn your back to it and light up a cigar. When it shorts out... cuss the bugger out and return it... -LOL

I am turning my fan to the west... tell me when you feel the breeze! We can get weeks of 3 digit heat. I feel your pain. -Ray

:rotfl::rotfl: Good one Ray

I knew after writing this post it would come across as I am whining about the heat ,far from it ,it is only unpleasant when at work ,I work In a factory where the air con is evaporative and woeful at best ,plus a lot of heat from the presses and more moisture being admitted by them combined with the evap ,not nice at all .

But if you live in Western Aust you have to deal with the heat in summer ,that's the long and short of it

Which begs the question what's the hottest/Coldest members have expierianced

Cheers OZ :cigar:

Hottest? In the neighbourhood of 110 (44 C), when in the Carribean on a missionary trip. Coldest? About -40, when out "winter camping" in northern Ontario (hogwash, that camping wasn't any fun!)

Either way, those extremes suck no matter what. Give me 18-28 C year-round and I'd be a happy man.

Hottest? In the neighbourhood of 110 (44 C), when in the Carribean on a missionary trip. Coldest? About -40, when out "winter camping" in northern Ontario (hogwash, that camping wasn't any fun!)

Either way, those extremes suck no matter what. Give me 18-28 C year-round and I'd be a happy man.

18-30.c "THe Goldilocks Zone" :thumbsup:

OZ :cigar:

Sorry, but that reference is lost on me. I could guess what you mean, but I'm clueless on this one. :thinking:

From the fairytale "Goldilocks" in which she tries several bowls of porridge; one was too cold, one was too hot, and the third just right - the perfect temperature! ....theiving *****!! :D:hungry:

Hmmm.... I guesss I'm the minority opinion once again. I would take cold over extreme heat any day. At least with the cold you can dress for the cold and work in it somewhat. It's pretty hard to "dress" for the heat if you have any neighbors around and you can forget about doing any work in extreme heat. That's why I like Volcano Hawaii with temperatures between 55-72 year round.

Just a quick update yesterday fri ,39.c today sat 42.4 tomorrow. 33 yea :pooped:

OZ :cigar:

Definitely nice to have a few days respite Oz. The cigars are picked & the deck is going to be put to use this afternoon without a doubt. thumbsup.gif