Cohiba Piramides 2001 EL

stricken

I usually smoke ordinary stuff, but I ran across these. The source is trusted by people I know but I have never purchased from them. Everything seems legit, the only thing that is really making me wonder is the box code. Dec 02. MRN says limited production, cigars were made in March & April 02. Anyone know of box codes as late as Dec 02

post-10040-0-12504700-1324105908.jpg

post-10040-0-42957500-1324105928.jpg

post-10040-0-26194200-1324105947.jpg

post-10040-0-41972100-1324105972.jpg

post-10040-0-25562000-1324105990.jpg

post-10040-0-54090900-1324106007.jpg

I cannot recall seeing the seal applied to the right side of a box - might be worth checking into more, especially since this is a heavily faked stick...

Based on the pics they good to me. I have seen the seals on these boxes in the same corner as the questioned box. Looks good to me but can't give 100% authenticity just based on pics.

I usually smoke ordinary stuff, but I ran across these. The source is trusted by people I know but I have never purchased from them. Everything seems legit, the only thing that is really making me wonder is the box code. Dec 02. MRN says limited production, cigars were made in March & April 02. Anyone know of box codes as late as Dec 02

Forgive me for being skeptical but your first post is on suspect cigars? And on a 2001 EL? This is simply not the kind of thing that a smoker of "ordinary stuff" just runs into. No offense intended. A box of '06 Bolivar Royal Coronas, yes. First-year-of-issue Edición Limitada at a source "trusted by people you know?" I'd be very wary. In fact, unless you are prepared to either 1) carry out the due diligence to verify the authenticity of these cigars (and this does not mean getting opinions on this or any other cigar board based on "blurrycam" photos) or 2) write off the entire purchase price, then I'd run in the other direction, fast and far.

Forgive my crankiness, but I over the years I have seen this time and again.

For what it's worth, the wrapper does not look appropriate at all. See especially the second cigar photo. No 2001 EL I've ever seen has had a wrapper even remotely similar. It's qualitatively wrong.

Do what you wish, but if I were you, I'd take a pass. Also, if you'd like an opinion on this source, please feel free to PM me.

Wilkey

Sorry about my first post being on a Suspect Cigar. I am not much of a BB type person, and I thought this would be the best site since it is dedicated towards Habanos.

I apologize for being so cross. We really are a good bunch, but perhaps a post of introduction prior to availing oneself of the experience here would facilitate a friendly start.

I hope you keep in mind this very key point about these kinds of inquiries: Identification of cigars as counterfeits can be done with far greater confidence than the verification of specimens as authentic. The risks attendant with false positives versus false negatives are greatly imbalanced. Furthermore, a key part of the process of evaluating situations such as this is the context. The situation you presented is essentially devoid of context and so you should not accept a positive answer (that they are authentic) with any meaningful level of confidence. Suffice it to say, even the experienced Habanophile can be duped by the right set of circumstances.

Regards and welcome to Friends of Habanos,

Wilkey

Im gonna refrain from my original comments, seems this thread tried to get elitist....Welcome aboard...at the end of the day source is the key to getting proper habanos EL's or otherwise....good luck...