Top 5 Bourbons

brazoseagle

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In no particular order: Woodford Reserve Eagle Rare 10 yr Four Rouses Single Barrel Elijah Craig 12 yr Angel's Envy

My top five bourbons overall are Four Roses Barrel Select OESO mash bill 13 year Four Roses LE 2013 small batch 125th William LaRue Weller fall 2009 release George T. Stagg fall 2014 release Fo

Buffalo Trace

Woodford's Reserve

Basil Hayden's

Four Roses Small Batch

Bookers

Finally we are getting some more Bourbon selection in Ontario! Picked up Buffalo Trace for the first time last week and I have fallen in love with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried the Willet based on a list in this thread and it is absolutely amazing--straight into the rotation now. I also bought the Garrison before I saw TexAg's list based on the store owner's recommendation, and I can't wait to give it a try. Very nice suggestions folks.

I tried the Willet based on a list in this thread and it is absolutely amazing--straight into the rotation now. I also bought the Garrison before I saw TexAg's list based on the store owner's recommendation, and I can't wait to give it a try. Very nice suggestions folks.

Thank You!!!! Us True Texans appreciate the subtleties of the WILLET!!!!

I just got into bourbon in the last year or so, even though I Iive in Kentucky. I just never had a taste for it. Then I went on the bourbon trail and started tasting some of the "good" stuff and realized what I had been missing. With that being said, I am a value kind of guy so I have been trying lots of different things in what I would consider to be a decent price range of $15 to $25 for a standard bottle. Here are my suggestions:

Old Forester Signature 100 proof - about $18 - $20 here.

Old Weller Special Reserve - 90 proof $15.00

Old Weller Antique - 107 proof $21.00

Ancient Ancient Age 10 year - 86 proof $17 - $18 (you may not find this much outside of KY apparently)

Evan Williams 1783 Small Batch - 86 proof ( I think) and only abouit $12.00 here

Four Roses Small Batch - I don't remember the proof but this was very good for about $23.00

I'm trying some Old Grand Dad 114 right now and it is also very good. Very smooth and easy to drink neat especially for such high proof. I picked it up for $22.

Just starting to explore some more with different bourbans an am enjoying the journey...

Woodford Reserve

Makers Mark

Evan Williams Single barrel

I've drank many bottles of as I enjoy each one...

Knob Creek to me had a very hot(harsh) finish to it. Tried Willet last weekend and while the flavor was very good it gave a very dry aftertaste almost like I was drinking a dry wine.

So many more to try but will enjoy it the whole time ok.gif

• 1 year later...

In the American (USA) market, we just have Blantons single barrel, although Buffalo Trace uses the same mashbill in several of its other marketed bourbons. I know that the Pacific Rim has different Blantons bottlings. Honestly, they are all probably quite good. Buffalo Trace really doesn't put out any poor whisk(e)y.

In the American (USA) market, we just have Blantons single barrel, although Buffalo Trace uses the same mashbill in several of its other marketed bourbons. I know that the Pacific Rim has different Blantons bottlings. Honestly, they are all probably quite good. Buffalo Trace really doesn't put out any poor whisk(e)y.

Great, thanks for that. Going to pick up a bottle for the weekend. Either Buffalo Trace or Blantons single barrel (same price point)

Edit: I'm a bourbon newb. Mostly a rum drinker but keen to try a few.

Enjoy. I have a glass of bourbon with a cigar on Sunday evenings when Boardwalk Empire comes on over here. Buffalo Trace is about half the price of Blantons here so I usually go with that or Evan Williams Single Barrel. The Blantons bottle with the jockey cork is tough to beat though for visual presentation.

You're right, there is a bottling for the international market https://www.blantonsbourbon.com/special which is what is available here for the same price as Buffalo Trace. The original single barrel is also available, so might check that out.

Cheers :)

1. George T Stagg

2. William Larue Weller

3. Elijah Craig 18

4. Bookers

5. Stagg Junior

I see a lot of people posting various Jacks on here and while they are all awesome in their own right technically not bourbon. Tennessee whiskey they are. I know semantics lol. If anyone can find me a bottle of Stagg in the wild I will sell my children for it. I am still kicking myself for not hoarding it when it was on the shelves a few years ago.

If anybody is wanting to get rid of some Stagg,Pappy, any of the BTAC,EC Barrel Proof or any other great bourbon that I can't get in the control state that is Ohio please PM me...The rarest thing I have ever found on a shelf in Ohio is Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2012 ....of course I can't find the 2013 anywhere to even start a collection...sorry for the rant...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I have five:

1. George T. Stagg

2. Blanton's

3. Four Roses Single Barrel

4. Thomas Handy Sazerac rye (not a Bourbon)

5. High West Campfire (not a Bourbon)

(damn auto-correct on the phone is annoying)