Quintero Brevas

Ginseng

I've recently been putting in a lot of extra time preparing for a project final presentation in NYC this week. And that means plenty of nights and weekends on the back deck working on my laptop. When I work, I tend to smoke...continuously. As you might imagine, this can get expensive. That is, unless you've got a C&C. My C&C of choice is the Quintero Brevas. I keep quite a few boxes around and this weekend was a good reason why. Over the course of the day, between other activities, I smoked 5 of these cigars from morning to evening (with a different cigar thrown in to introduce a bit of variety). But honestly, I could smoke a half dozen of these a working day without getting fatigued.

QBs are light to medium-bodied, burn well, have ample, sweet tobacco flavor (Remedios?) and leave a clean palate. So for me, they are like the classic Slim Jim meat stick snack. Just can't stop at one. I have enough lying around that the sticks I'm hitting now have about 2 years on them and this has rendered them the best combination of flavorful and smooth. Just delightful and a fantastic value.

I've been smoking off my remaining casual NC stock and I find that I would much rather hit up a $2 QB than a typical, generic "ultra super premium" blah blah. I just love these pups!

Wilkey

• 2 weeks later...

Who says C&C's arent' worthy of SLB/cab treatment. I boxed these QB's up for mid-term storage and consumption. There are 62 in the big one and somewhere between 40 and 50 in the smaller. I keep a few bundles in their native foil-paper. These, I hold out for a bit longer.

Gotta keep the stock up as I can go through 6-10 in a working weekend.

Wilkey

post-629-0-29411800-1315243415.jpg

Nicely done. Making me think about getting the QUINTERO NACIONALES for a go to smoke. Any comments on the other 2 smokes Rob has here, the QUINTERO NACIONALES and QUINTERO PANETELAS vs the Brevas? Thanks.

You know, I don't ever recall trying the Nacionales or Panetelas. I'd say the Londres Extra is the more compelling. Another cheapy that is occasionally quite good is the JLP Petite Cazadores. If the Londres Extra is a small, strong cigar, then I would try that vitola as the JLP PCaz is as often a harsh metallic stick as it is a concentrated firecracker.

Honestly, for this type of cigar, I simply go for the cheapest vitola and then buy a 4-6 boxes at a time when the price is right.

Wilkey

You know, I don't ever recall trying the Nacionales or Panetelas. I'd say the Londres Extra is the more compelling. Another cheapy that is occasionally quite good is the JLP Petite Cazadores. If the Londres Extra is a small, strong cigar, then I would try that vitola as the JLP PCaz is as often a harsh metallic stick as it is a concentrated firecracker.

Honestly, for this type of cigar, I simply go for the cheapest vitola and then buy a 4-6 boxes at a time when the price is right.

Wilkey

Thanks for the advice and your reply. Will do. Andre

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for answering the question in my head Ginseng. I was looking at my dirty car ashtray and realized I barely smoke half of some of these sticks and they end up getting tossed

Little Davidoffs mostly and one of my cheapie go to's, Jesus Fuego's Origens.

Getting expensive and QB may be the solution because I'll think really hard before tossing a Habanos when I'm running errands, lol! Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Took a handfull of cigars on a recent trip to St. Petes/Tampa - enjoyed many (a Monti PR was sweet during the mardi gras parade in Ybor) but my favorite smoke of the trip was a Q B on the beach while surf fishing. Burned a bit too fast with a stiff wind, but enjoyed it so much. And of course I wouldnt be so bummed if it got drenched by a wave!