Vegueros?

TankerT

Had one Vegueros Especiales #2 at LCDH Stuttgart recently. Box was from 2005, as I recall. I had major problems finding even one stick in the box that was not hard as a rock. The one I finally smoked drew OK, but the taste was vegetal and turned bitter pretty quickly. Not very enjoyable overall. Thumbs down from me.

I had a few 5 packs of the Marevas from 2000 and they were great. They had a very dark wrapper and were med full. Have heard mixed reviews on the whole line.

I would probably stay away and go with something different

There are so many great cigars out now.

All the Vegueros I've seen were very high priced. Have not really seen any offered too many places and that were affordable...even the teeny Soans :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've tried the whole line and nothing special.I found the worse one to be the mareva.I've only smoked 1 that wowed me and beilieve it or not it was a Seoane.I've other Seoanes from the same batch and none have ever equalled that one good one.Still Have 3 left but don't know when I'll ever revisit the.When I get to 1 left I'll probaly sit on it because the brands being axed.

I had got a Vegueros in a cornucopia of a trade that I did with Emil (TropicalDoc) [haven't seen him around here much lately??] just about a year ago now. I haven't had the chance yet to smoke the Vegueros stick that he put in the trade with me, but I intend on doing so this spring. We'll see how it goes....