What is the best way to dry Heartfelt Beads?

Figsy

The RH is much higher than 65%, I want to remove moisture from my humidor. What about putting them in the oven on a cookie sheet. I think I have read this somewhere, but can't find it. Has anyone tried this? What temp and how long? Thanks, Figsy.

Not sure about putting them in the oven. Go the hairdryer option if you have one. The other thing I've heard people do is put an odourless sponge (i.e. no soap etc) in the humi to absorb excess moisture, then remove.

With my RH bead (not Heartfelt), putting them in the oven on low heat is perfectly fine. I haven't used a hair dryer (didn't want the beads to go flying in all directions! :cigar: ), but I have stuck them under my desk lamp to dry out. Helps to use a 60W bulb instead of the usual 20W or 40W bulbs!

If the humidity outside is less than say 60%, I don't see why not. I would be worried about dirt and stuff getting into them. Pollen, mold spores, bugs, who knows what else could fall on the beads if they are left outside.

If the humidity outside is less than say 60%, I don't see why not. I would be worried about dirt and stuff getting into them. Pollen, mold spores, bugs, who knows what else could fall on the beads if they are left outside.

Good point. I wanted to wash my beads because the bag that it came in had tear and it fell all over and i had to pick it up off the floor.

Drying desiccants are typically done in the silo where they are utilized. I don't know anything about HB so I would suggest you contact the maker to see what parameters are to dry them.

Normal industrial desiccants can take a considerable amount of heat. In industry they are typically heated and a vacuum is drawn on the silo. -Piggy

I would imagine that the ambient humidity in a freezer would be extremely low, why not put them in there for a couple days to dry them out?