The Least Consistent Habanos Marque's

The Least Consistent Habanos Marque  

219 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 months later...

Rob,

I was thinking and I think you should add a tab that says "I have not smoked enough to cast a valid vote on." And include it on the top cigar poll too. Itd be just as interesting to see how many people can't cast judgement on a certain cigar, as it would be to see which cigar is best.

Just my two cents.

Cheers

I haven't smoked enough of each to really comment (none of a few). But Montecristo has been really inconsistent for me, so much so that even though there have been a couple #4s I've loved, I've yet to purchase a box.

I think that I have found inconsistency to be directly proportional to the size of the production (which makes sense, to me at least). Monte #2 and #4, PSD4, CoRo, RASS -- these are all cigars I've found to be very inconsistent (based on a small sample set, I realize), and I think they are all up there in terms of production numbers. But the PSD4 is the only Partagas I've found to be inconsistent at this point, and Bolivar has been pretty good with the BBF being the only one I'd call inconsistent, but I've only had a half dozen of them.

• 10 months later...

Doesn't it also depend on how you store them, where you live (climate) and age? These might effect the performance of the cigars, even the layers in the box?

I know the reason I chose Upmann is because if I smoke them at the wrong age, I am disappointed.

The CoRo has so inconsistant that the ONLY way I would buy a box is if Pres rec. a particular box. I would think that this is the last thing you would want for your "Flagship" brand- but it does save me money

It's kind of amazing how many people are saying Cohiba, Monte and RyJ. I would assume those are the 3 most popular brands. I would assume they are the 3 more recognizable in all of cigars.

I don't smoke a lot of Cohiba or RyJ, so I can't comment. I've been smoking A TON of Monte PEs and i'm totally in love with them. I've gone through 4 x 10cts (10s and 11s) over the last 1.5 years. I found them to be extremely consistent. Sounds like the 2s and 4s sometimes have issues. Now, given how insanely popular those cigars are, I could see how people could pick up on subtle changes and difference from box to box.

For the price and being the flagship brand, I don't see how Cohibas aren't simply flawless and consistent from box to box.