La Casa Del Habanos

On Friday me and my friend payed our first visit to La Casa Del Habanos Toront, it was an amazing environment for cigar smokers of all ages (my self being 20 and my friend 19). From the moment we walked into the store we felt welcome, we went into the humidor and picked up 2 cigars when we came out there was a gentlemen there talking to the two employees he was friendly and spoke to us as well. It is one of those places where everyone is friends with the common interest in cigars . The selection was amazing as well and I can not wait to go back this weekend.

post-9283-1305601616.jpg

Yes. The Toronto LCDH is well run and has some friendly staff. I enjoy the odd cigar and people watching in Yorkville. A shame about our taxes though. And on the table is that a.....GASP!! Monte Open?!?! :rolleyes::ziplip::o :o

Ya the taxes here do suck :rolleyes: it was my first time there and loved it i can not wait to go back! why a "GASP" oh and in the bad there is also a CAO La Traviata

The GASP is for the Monte Open line in. In general a lot of folks here are less than impressed. Myself included. When you smoke it, tell us your thoughts on how it performs.

Ya the taxes here do suck :rolleyes: it was my first time there and loved it i can not wait to go back! why a "GASP" oh and in the bad there is also a CAO La Traviata

The GASP is for the Monte Open line in. In general a lot of folks here are less than impressed. Myself included. When you smoke it, tell us your thoughts on how it performs.

i smoked s junior a few weeks ago and my friend smoked a regatta at the same time thats whats in the bag he just ordered a box they aren't bad if your looking for a good mild smoke or morning smoke

Very nice...thanks for sharing the experience with us.

i smoked s junior a few weeks ago and my friend smoked a regatta at the same time thats whats in the bag he just ordered a box they aren't bad if your looking for a good mild smoke or morning smoke

Get a box from Czar I think Rob may have a box left if he has not given up on selling them. ON second thought he may have traded them all to Ken for a case of Ken's wine that he makes himself out on the back of his deck. Not the best stuff from what I hear what with all the spider bits and other creepy crawlys that drop down into his carboys.

Get a box from Czar I think Rob may have a box left if he has not given up on selling them. ON second thought he may have traded them all to Ken for a case of Ken's wine that he makes himself out on the back of his deck. Not the best stuff from what I hear what with all the spider bits and other creepy crawlys that drop down into his carboys.

It was my friend who ordered them last week they should arrive any day now or i would have pointed him to Czar, maybe the next box will come from Czar but first me and my friend are investing in a large humidor to put all of our cigars in as we currently have one 100 stick humidor full and the other 100 cigar humidor will be full when the box of open regatta's arrive

• 6 months later...

When I was there they had a very wide selection from many different brands in their walk-in humidor. The staff seemed friendly enough.

I had a Regatta about a year ago and it didn't blow my skirt up much, but then again taste is a personal thing. I think these are aimed at a younger crowd and those who want a lighter smoke from time to time. I think Monte hit the mark with this one, seems like it sells well enough. The B&M I usually go to in Oakville sells quite a few of them.

• 1 month later...

I went there last week with a couple of friends. We bought 2 cigars but were told we couldn't drink anything on the patio as per some bylaw...Sucks cause there's a starbucks right beside it..lol

Yeah some real stupidity going on with the city. Someone called in a complaint about patio smoking in a restaurant across the street and the city inspectors go to the LCDH instead and hassles them. I've also heard that Starbucks Patrons complained too. They're allowed to have their drinks but not smoke out on the Starbucks patio. :rolleyes:

In your own home maybe. :) Private clubs can't even allow smoking.

You can count on me having a DSR in my home and you're all invited....for a small fee of $1,000,000,000,000,000,000.02 (CDN). Cash, most credit cards, certified cheque and traveler's cheques are accepted. ^_^:cigar::thumbsup:

What makes it all the more tangy is the added contribution from Mr President as he pisses over the balcony edge....a fine vintage.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Man I went to the La Casa Del Habanos store in Melbourne, a single Montecriso cost me almost $60, will never go back there again that`s for sure.

Everey LCDH in every country is slightly different. And VERY different with prices.

I strongly believe that every Cuban cigar lover needs to visit at least one or two LCDH during their lives. They are wonderful places, although almost always more expensive by duty free vendors online.

Still, the opportunity to see, smell, feel and be in the presence of the cigars before buying is a special thing.

Everey LCDH in every country is slightly different. And VERY different with prices.

I strongly believe that every Cuban cigar lover needs to visit at least one or two LCDH during their lives. They are wonderful places, although almost always more expensive by duty free vendors online.

Still, the opportunity to see, smell, feel and be in the presence of the cigars before buying is a special thing.

Agree 100%

• 2 months later...

There is a private cigar club in Toronto but you have to be a big wig Bay Street guy to join. I was told a yearly membership is a few grand so really not worth it unless you are looking to network with the movers and shakers of bay st.