For my 1st order from Rob and Friends... need a suggestion

TankerT

Hi all,

I'm going to order from the Czar for the first time, and I need a suggestion for a more inexpensive box for a gift for a friend.

I'm looking for medium(ish) flavor profile (or mild-medium)... for about $150 or less for a box of either 10 or 25 (price point is more important than number). It should be a decent quality stick. (Not rocket dogs...)

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time and thoughts.

J. Thomas

I assume you haven't tried many Cubans. The robusto sampler is $157 US.

Not a bad cigar in the bunch. Take notes on each and determine what flavor profile you like. Then you MAY want to buy a box or two. Splitting a box with a friend is a good beginning strategy, too.

*Yes definitely, a sampler would be the way to go. That way you can see which will give you best satisfaction. Rob & Lisa's samplers go for those who prefer "long and skinny", Robusto short and fats, or a combo of various sizes. Go ahead, partake and enjoy! :cigar::wink2:

I concur...if you are new to CCs, a sampler is the way to go. Czar offers a variety of them on the Czar homepage. I would go for the PC sampler.

Well. In all honesty, I'm not new to CCs. Been enjoying them for years.

But, my tastes are more along the lines of medium-full to full. So, I really don't have a good feel for the mild-medium and medium range. The samplers looked to have a a nice range of cigars, but some of the sticks included definitely started to go above the medium flavor profile. I know my friend wouldn't enjoy the entire selection.

I ended up ordering a box of Fonseca Cosacos. Right price range... and... from what I've read... and from watching Ken and Rob's review... probably was a safe bet. Not necessarily a stellar choice, but safe.

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback though. I do appreciate it.

Well. In all honesty, I'm not new to CCs. Been enjoying them for years.

But, my tastes are more along the lines of medium-full to full. So, I really don't have a good feel for the mild-medium and medium range. The samplers looked to have a a nice range of cigars, but some of the sticks included definitely started to go above the medium flavor profile. I know my friend wouldn't enjoy the entire selection.

I ended up ordering a box of Fonseca Cosacos. Right price range... and... from what I've read... and from watching Ken and Rob's review... probably was a safe bet. Not necessarily a stellar choice, but safe.

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback though. I do appreciate it.

If you like the Cosacos, definitely try the No. 1. I actually prefer the No. 1 over the Cosacos.

• 7 months later...

If you like the Cosacos, definitely try the No. 1. I actually prefer the No. 1 over the Cosacos.

smoking my way through a box of No 1s as we speak, excellent cigar, great value.

• 8 months later...