Warm Weather Shipping

Hi All,

I know I've read some members don't have cigars shipped during the warm seasons to avoid the possible issues high temperatures have on cigars. I wanted to see what the overall feel was related to this. In many instances the shipping origination and destination are in two polar opposite seasons, so does it even matter to try and combat the high temps? Would like know your own experiences and if it's safe to have stock shipped throughout the year.

Cheers!

I have bought cigars from all over the world and had them shipped during all months of the year. Cigars are stout soldiers with a great constitution. As long as they are packaged in such a way that they can't dry out over the duration, I think they are okay. Do you think the folks in Cuba refrigerate your cigars? -Piggy

:o And this from the guy that did a gawddamned "term paper" / PhD thesis on building wine-cooler humidors and such?!!?!?!?! :huh::P:rolleyes:

(And a mighty good one, may I playfully add.) :party::blush::D

Consistency over time mate! Just for consistency over time! My home can range 30 degrees in the spring and fall, otherwise I would not waste my time. Truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth!

Not really too worried about summer shipments. I'm a bit more cautious and will freeze sticks if I feel the need to.

I have 2 smaller desktop humidors in addition to my main one, so I use the desktops to "quarantine" the new cigars for a while before putting them inside the main humidor. This is something I do year-round to avoid the dreaded beetle.

I don't worry about it either. Let's say hypotheitically that you lived in the Northern Hemisphere but you ordered from somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere. If you order during the cooler months here, it is warm there and vice versa so you aren't really accomplishing anything by that.

I don't worry about it either. Let's say hypotheitically that you lived in the Northern Hemisphere but you ordered from somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere. If you order during the cooler months here, it is warm there and vice versa so you aren't really accomplishing anything by that.

So you are saying only buy in the spring and fall!?! :lol:

:)

I live in the Northeast and don't even give it a second thought. I'll take delivery of cigars during any season. Wine has proven to be an issue at times when not packed properly.

:blink: Never thought about it. But My office I keep my Humi in does fluctuate in temp from about 10-20 degrees during the season. So it has been a problem in my little controlled environment. :P