A real treat ? N.Y. Deli Pastrami.

Since Lisa will be visiting N.Y., what better way to truly feel the city

then to grab the best that the city has to offer in the fast food Dept. or should I say, Delicatessen

and that's a great N.Y. Deli style Pastrami. :rolleyes:

Bugers & Pizzas are available anywhere in the world. (The best Pizzas are in Naples Italy)

A great N.Y. Deli Style Pastrami, is not as easy to find and believe me, I've tried.

For me, the best is Katz's in N.Y. even if there are others in the city or in Canada, it's still the best.

If you're sure that there is just as good or better somewhere else, share a slice with us on this thread.

I"m drooling already. :thumbsdwn:

I can't believe you just did that. And I had a friggin hamburger for dinner.

Hmmmmmm, Pastrami. :rolleyes::thumbsdwn::thinking:

A absolute great call I may add. But she's gotta try a dog from the street-LOADED.

Los Angeles has several excellent Jewish delis in my opinion.

Langers. Canters. Factors. There are several more.

I love pastrami but I might have to take a beef on weck from Buffalo, Italian beef from Chicago, or cheesesteak from Philly over a pastrami.

Stop with all this food, I have booked Daniels for my Birthday dinner :-) excited about that will be booking Babbo for Thursday night but trying to find the best BBQ place in NY for Sunday after the hockey

I will make it to Katz's as I have seen this place on cable and I know it is a institution

Stop with all this food, I have booked Daniels for my Birthday dinner :-) excited about that will be booking Babbo for Thursday night but trying to find the best BBQ place in NY for Sunday after the hockey

I will make it to Katz's as I have seen this place on cable and I know it is a institution

A couple of my fav BBQ places are: Virgils, and Blue Smoke

Virgils and Blue Smoke are great. There are others such as Spotted Pig, Dinosaur BBQ etc. Chinese spare ribs? Nancys Pig Heaven.

As for Pastrami it's Katz, Katz or Katz. There are other good Pastrami places but none is Katz.

Go up to Harlem for some fried chicken and waffles, OH BABY!

This is the BIG APPLE home of some of the best food in the world.

Hey, what was the decision on Ken's church thread? I'm not sure that we should be having this discussion. For some of us pastrami is a religion. :P

I love 2nd Avenue Deli the most. Katz may be great and it's amazing that it's been around since the 19th century (!) but 2nd Ave did something even more astonishing than live forever -- it rose from the dead. It finally closed in the original location, but a couple of years later reopened a little further uptown. Only the location changed. The pastrami is as awesome as ever.

I love 2nd Avenue Deli the most. The pastrami is as awesome as ever.

I have to give props as well to the 2nd Ave. Deli. It closed JAN '06 over a rent disoute($24K/month to $32k/month which is crazy at either cost) and reopened DEC '07 at 162 East 33rd Street (between Lexington Avenue and Third Avenue). The corned beef is amazing. :P

Since Lisa will be visiting N.Y., what better way to truly feel the city then to grab the best that the city has to offer in the fast food Dept. or should I say, Delicatessen and that's a great N.Y. Deli style Pastrami. :P

Not a chance, if you want great Pastrami then you have to go to its homeland, Romania....

Bugers & Pizzas are available anywhere in the world. (The best Pizzas are in Naples Italy)

Absolutely, you can get a good Pizza in US, but nothing compare to italien and there love for pizza and pasta. For meat I would place Argentina, Germany and Japan before US. Had some really really excellent hamburgers in Germany (when it comes to sausages its a tie between Germany and Austria)

cheers

For Patrami and Corned Beef in NYC...the 3 staples are Katz, 2nd Ave. Deli, and Carnegie Deli. You really can't go wrong with any of them.