Live From the Humidor - Flood Relief Special

This post proves absolutely nothing about the cigars in the later photos, of course. Anyone can take and upload a photo of today's newspaper and follow that by uploading archived photos of cigars.

To prove something the cigars would have to be photographed on top of the newspaper (not photoshopped onto the newspaper photo.)

Not that I would doubt Smitty's word. B)

Good point(s).... :peace:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post proves absolutely nothing about the cigars in the later photos, of course. Anyone can take and upload a photo of today's newspaper and follow that by uploading archived photos of cigars.

To prove something the cigars would have to be photographed on top of the newspaper (not photoshopped onto the newspaper photo.)

Not that I would doubt Smitty's word. B)

I agree, was going to make that point also, but you beat me to it!

Not that I would doubt Smitty's word. ;)

I can't win with you lot, this place is flooding and I'm still here doing LFH and you lot are still bitching. :cigar:

I didn't put the paper under the cigars cause all the bright colours in the background would have distracted you lot from the cigars.

I can't win with you lot, this place is flooding and I'm still here doing LFH and you lot are still bitching. :cigar:

I didn't put the paper under the cigars cause all the bright colours in the background would have distracted you lot from the cigars.

Then turn the page for each box! Plus, we would catch up on all the other Brisbane news. ;)

Then turn the page for each box! Plus, we would catch up on all the other Brisbane news. :cigar:

Just make sure you use the Brisbane Times or Courier-Mail, not the free paper they hand out down the road at the bathhouse.

Hey Guys,

Incredible of you to be selling HQ cigars with the situation as it is.

Minor question - I seemed to have missed this due to time zone issues...is this the way these cigars are usually sold, on the forum, first come first serve...or is there usually any advanced warning? Just asking how this has been done before.

Thanks

Hey Guys,

Incredible of you to be selling HQ cigars with the situation as it is.

Minor question - I seemed to have missed this due to time zone issues...is this the way these cigars are usually sold, on the forum, first come first serve...or is there usually any advanced warning? Just asking how this has been done before.

Thanks

You can buy boxes from the regular stock from the store site.

Click on the link at the top of the forum page called "Cigar Shop" and it will take you to the store.

Boxes that being sold here are the best quality and you can choose the one you like from the pics

if you are fast enough :perfect10:

You can buy boxes from the regular stock from the store site.

Click on the link at the top of the forum page called "Cigar Shop" and it will take you to the store.

Boxes that being sold here are the best quality and you can choose the one you like from the pics

if you are fast enough :perfect10:

With HQ, PSP, PE and now this, can we safely assume that what's in the regular online store are the "left overs"?

With HQ, PSP, PE and now this, can we safely assume that what's in the regular online store are the "left overs"?

You could NOT safely assume this at all. Our hosts are as stand-up kind of people as you will find and pride themselves on selling a quality product, and I can probably say that we all pride ourselves for hanging out here and giving a good portion of our business to the Czar. Why would anyone want to bother purchasing "left overs"? I'm sure you could find that kind of quality somewhere on the interwebs w/ very little effort, if that's what you're looking for.

With a little poking around the forum, you'll find that Rob and Co. work hard at providing us w/ a great resource in this website, and providing great quality control w/ their cigars, turning back many shipments (when they're not bailing water and cleaning mud from their homes.... God's speed and safety to all of you!). It's my understanding from reading the forum that general stock in the online store is at a minimum PE quality, and you could always get something better. The "live" forum sales are a little bit of marketing that generates some fun, probably boosts sales a bit, and gives folks the opportunity to pick up something special.

Feel free to put a post in the "Newbie introductions" forum to introduce yourself, get to know some folks, and spend some time to get a feel for what goes on here.

Cheers,

Rick

Just to add, you can always email / PM Lisa or Rob to let them know what you're interested in, find out what they feel is good at the moment, etc.

Buster has it covered - when going through the store, the Czar Crew will still inspect your cigars - they don't just pull something off a shelf and send

them off.

Just to add, you can always email / PM Lisa or Rob to let them know what you're interested in, find out what they feel is good at the moment, etc.

Buster has it covered - when going through the store, the Czar Crew will still inspect your cigars - they don't just pull something off a shelf and send

them off.

Thanks for clarifying Bob and Colt!.

Punch Petit Corona Del Punch - OPM MAR 09 - HQ

Price USD$159 AUD$425 includes delivery

Remember to reply to this post then email Lisa. She will respond to you next week.

Nobody grabbed these yet??

Mine, then.

Our hosts are as stand-up kind of people as you will find and pride themselves on selling a quality product, and I can probably say that we all pride ourselves for hanging out here and giving a good portion of our business to the Czar.

I didn't question Rob and Lisa's credibility so I don't know what the purpose of the above.

It's my understanding from reading the forum that general stock in the online store is at a minimum PE quality, and you could always get something better.

If it's PE minimum, is it possible to get an HQ or even PSP quality cigars without paying extra for it?

If it's PE minimum, is it possible to get an HQ or even PSP quality cigars without paying extra for it?

Good question. Here's my understanding.

Every box the Czar gets is inspected. Any boxes with very good looking cigars are set aside and graded as either HQ & PSP and thus command a "premium". Everything else is PE. All this grading is cosmetic only. The cigars are not smoked to determine quality based on taste. The product you see in PSP & HQ is just more cosmetically appealing. The cigars look darker, oilier, etc. As quality control is always an issue coming out of Cuba. The Czar is providing an added service in that they check every box to ensure that it meets certain standards. That protects buyers from getting a box full of green fuzzy cigars or a tobacco beatle farm included. They're doing something similar to what Hunters & Frankau do with their EMS program. If the look of the product is important to you, you'll use the programs, if not, PE is just fine. I ordered some PE Siglio VI's recently. They look and smell beautiful.

Our hosts are as stand-up kind of people as you will find and pride themselves on selling a quality product, and I can probably say that we all pride ourselves for hanging out here and giving a good portion of our business to the Czar.
I didn't question Rob and Lisa's credibility so I don't know what the purpose of the above.

Bong,

Internet/forum communication can be difficult at best. When you referred to the Czar selling "leftovers" (these would be "leftovers" after Premium Economy, which Rob equates with "standard"), I equated this with selling product that was inferior, maybe even "factory seconds". My apologies if I read this wrong. While I did not intend to offend, I will cop to a plea of giving a gentle tweak while I explained that the Czar crew takes QC seriously and sells nothing less than PE, as well as directing you to the archives. It's worth reading over the "Pinned" threads in the PSP and HQ sub fora, particularly Rob's posts in the threads. He does lots of 'splaining here.

Frank (bundwallah), pretty much nailed it, but I would also add, as Rob mentions in some of the pinned posts/videos, the quality ratings are not just visual cosmetic, but also include feel and aroma at cold. I believe all cigars sold are inspected when they come in, and they are happy to reopen and inspect anything you are purchasing. I'm sure any more specific questions would be happily answered in email from anyone at the Czar if they don't catch them here in the forum.

Cheers,

Rick