Tiny Black Dots

Anyone ever seen these tiny black dots before? When I say tiny I mean like the size of a pin. Just found a Lunch Club that had them on the head of the cigar and haven't seen them before.

-Patrick

*Selective mold-like substance due to storage problem(s)??????? :fuel:

Anyone ever seen these tiny black dots before? When I say tiny I mean like the size of a pin. Just found a Lunch Club that had them on the head of the cigar and haven't seen them before.

Do they look anything like this (foot of a Monte Joyitas)?

post-1908-1294458079.jpg

These spots were, as you mentioned, almost black in colour and the size of a pin-head, most of them appeared as small indentations into the surrounding leaf and, under the microscope, appeared smoother that the surrounding leaf (e.g. they did not exhibit any dendritic formation that may suggest fungii). It is likely that these pin-like markings were present as blemishes on the leaf before harvesting.

Hi KB,

I have read before that these spots can be a result from aging. I don't know how true this is, but do you know how old the cigar was?

I think Zuma's post probably makes the most sense though, maybe just imperfections in the leaf.

I have spots such as in thephotos many times. No cause for concern.

The ERDM Lunch Club is not a hgh proflie cigar. Wrappers can be from gorgeous (rare) to downright ugly (not uncommon). It is a "low care" production cigar so you will see plenty of anomolies.