Homeless man with Radio Voice

An instant viral video. I saw this on the new this morning. Reading through the updates it appears he's been blessed with a second chance at life. The whole thing sort of chokes me up. NO, I DO NOT CRY (except at the end of Rudy). I thought it was worth sharing, a great story to start the year

*Heard on the Countdown w/Keith Olbermann that he's been offered $10,000 to voice for some sports team, and several other job offers. Glad glad glad to see this fine man offered a better chance at life! :cigar:

I just saw that last evening, crazy story that guy has been panhandling around the Columbus, Ohio area. Man he really does have a God-given voice. I think I read somewhere that the NFL wanted him for doing some voice overs, he would be a great fit for that. Good luck to him. Yeah, I think I my have shed a tear or three at the end of Rudy as well....

I hope I'm wrong, but for some reason I have a feeling this isn't going to end up very pretty for the guy. How does a person transition from being a homeless begger to instant fame without cracking?

I'm in total agreement. I too hope he has a happy ending, but the odds are totally against it. It is all up to him whether he succeeds, or screws up again. I'm rooting for him.

There has already been some ugliness.

One of the networks has taken him on and meanwhile a rival network had found his mother that he hadn't seen for 10 years.

There was supposed to be a reunion of mother and son but the two networks wanted the exclusive for the filming of the reunion.

They prevented mother and son form meeting for days until the two networks could come to some kind of agreement.

Are these TV execs human, do they have a heart?

One of the networks has taken him on and meanwhile a rival network had found his mother that he hadn't seen for 10 years.

There was supposed to be a reunion of mother and son but the two networks wanted the exclusive for the filming of the reunion.

They prevented mother and son form meeting for days until the two networks could come to some kind of agreement.

Are these TV execs human, do they have a heart?

Too true and sad at the same time.

Fingers crossed for this guy. Hope it's not going to turn into another "Octomom" circus.

I should have never told you I cried at the end of Rudy, Warren :cigar:

Back on subject though, once an addict always an addict. He will need a lifetime of positive support to keep on the good path. Get on TV and all this fame, his coke buddies are going to be looking him up. It's a story told many times. Someone indeed blessed with such talent, yet cursed with additions that tear families apart and usually lead to death. The world needs so many prayers.