Padron 1926 Figurado

Having said that: $32 for a cigar? :P:cigar::o I can't even imagine paying that much for ANY cigar. It will have to perform oral sex on me, at least, for that kind of money

Tell me about it Danashan!! :D

You should see the price of the CC's here, it would BLOW your mind but this is the Governments fault for hitting us with duties tax and GST. :lol3:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me about it Danashan!! :cigar:

You should see the price of the CC's here, it would BLOW your mind but this is the Governments fault for hitting us with duties tax and GST. :o

@ MIKA27 Well at least it is giving some level of satisfaction... :D

Here in the states tobacco enthusiast's got hit a few years ago with new legislation that Taxed all OTP - or other tobacco product which included some types of cigars. Thank goodnes I live in Pennsylvania where legislation has maintained NON OTP Tax for cigars....We do pay a sales tax nonetheless

In the V line, I prefer the lancero, by far. Personally, I prefer the much overlooked Serie O, which is cheaper to boot: maduro robusto is lovely creamy dusty cocoa/chocolate cigar, while natural #4 is a nutty/coffee/tobacco flavour bomb (this one is quite strong, too). The consistency is astounding - never had a 'meh' one. Flavours are complex, but do not change much, which is no problem for me. I've had few O's with about 5 years of age on them: completely different cigar, very complex: starts with floral bouquet then evolves into chocolate/coffee/nuts you get from the younger Serie O.

Then again, I may be imagining things. Do I care? Absolutely not! I enjoy it, that all that matters :P

Having said that: $32 for a cigar? :o:D:cigar: I can't even imagine paying that much for ANY cigar. It will have to perform oral sex on me, at least, for that kind of money

Danashan.....you are too much :D

To be honest, I would not mind paying a little more if all the "hoopla" for the cigar leans me towards purchasing it. Case in point the Cohiba Behike: Very nice well constructed cigar that comes in 3 sizes. In London, a Behike 52 (10 cigars) would run you about 280-295 GBP, roughly 43-46 USD :o . I purchased a sampler of three and they were well worth it. I would have to pawn my wedding band if I wanted to try the Behike 56...... :D

Random musings:

Try as I might, I've never been a huge fan of Padrons. They're very consistent, and use high quality tobacco, but across all of their lines, with one exception (a Magnum maduro I smoked years ago), their flavors never quite work for me. This is due, in part, to the fact that much Nic tobacco has a cloying sweetness to me which I really don't care for.

NC cigars I would smoke if they were still what they once were: LGC Wavells and ERH Habano Clubs, Bahia Golds, CAO Anniversary Maduros.

I've enjoyed some of Pepin Garcia's stuff in the past, but haven't had one in a couple of years.

One of the five best cigars I've ever smoked was an AF Don Carlos Lancero.

Honorable mention to Ashton VSGs when they're on their game.

But I'm pretty much a Habanos guy, as other than the AF DC Lancero, my top 5/10/20/50/100 lists would all be Cuban.

Edited to add: I don't mind spending money on really good cigars, and I've noted in the past that there are some that I'll spend quite a bit of money on for the experience they impart. But spending money on a smoke because of manufactured rarity or marketing hype doesn't work for me, whether the hype is out of Cuba, Nicaragua or the DR.

Further edited for grammar

Random musings:

Try as I might, I've never been a huge fan of Padrons. They're very consistent, and use high quality tobacco, but across all of their lines, with one exception (a Magnum maduro I smoked years ago), their flavors never quite work for me. This is due, in part, to the fact that much Nic tobacco has a cloying sweetness to me which I really don't care for.

NC cigars I would smoke if they were still what they once were: LGC Wavells and ERH Habano Clubs, Bahia Golds, CAO Anniversary Maduros.

I've enjoyed some of Pepin Garcia's stuff in the past, but haven't had one in a couple of years.

One of the five best cigars I've ever smoked was an AF Don Carlos Lancero.

Honorable mention to Ashton VSGs when they're on their game.

But I'm pretty much a Habanos guy, as other than the AF DC Lancero, my top 5/10/20/50/100 lists would all be Cuban.

Edited to add: I don't mind spending money on really good cigars, and I've noted in the past that there are some that I'll spend quite a bit of money on for the experience they impart. But spending money on a smoke because of manufactured rarity or marketing hype doesn't work for me, whether the hype is out of Cuban, Nicaragua or the DR.

You bring up a great point about paying premiums for smokes that are limited only due to manufactured rarity and not due to tobacco rarity does seem silly. But for many, including me sometimes, its the chase that is part of the fun. I know it seems silly, but I derive joy from tracking down and being able to acquire something I've been on the hunt for, especially if I've been looking for a long time.