PSD4 & WTRB

After some careful deliberation I decided to have a soak in the hot tub on this chilly December evening. I must note that I was not alone, while my girlfriend is hard at work I invited my beautiful friends over, joined by a wonderful Partagas Serie D No. 4 and a gorgeous glass of Wild Turkey Rare Breed, who could have known that a Cuban and a wholesome Southern from Tennessee would get along so well. I relished every moment of it on the back porch, basked upon by the Carolina moonlight, and it was great to the last drop.

post-7631-1292802904.jpg

post-7631-1292802918.jpg

*Enjoy your Wild Turkey, my man! Last time I had that was in 1980 in San Francisco at my favorite hang out, The Valhalla Disco. Before I could say, "Uh Oh!" it felt like a tent peg was being hammered right between my eyes, driven into the center of my head! These days I'm a tetotaller enjoying havanas and sweet herb tea :no:

I have never had a cigar in a Hot Tub.

....one for the bucketlist :rolleyes:

Awesome. About the only way I can enjoy a cigar in the winter, save for freezing my arse off in the garage. Only thing is, you really need to not start with a "dry boxed" cigar - just a regular 65%-ish humidified cigar is fine. The excess humidity coming off of the steam from the hot tub can quickly oversaturate a cigar - if you start with a super dry one, and it expands too fast, it just grenades the wrapper/binder of your cigar and you're screwed. Trust me, I've done it a few times.

Only draw back is you really can't fully enjoy a cigar much bigger than a robusto or a petit corona or mareva. Any longer cigars will just take too long. It ends up being such a drastic humidity swing from start to finish on the cigar, that the end of the cigar becomes over saturated and bitter, no matter how aged and refined.

My experiences, anyways.

I enjoy usually about one cigar a month, along with a huge thermos of rum & coke, sitting over in my neighbour's hottub in the wintertime now and again. Good hour-long guy talks, without the gals around.