Vegueros?

Ever tried one?  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm usually up for trying new things (within reason of course) at least once. Some experiences have been mighty painful while others have been incredibly surprising. What's the deal with these and how come we rarely hear anything about them? I'm definitely not seeking any out, I'm just curious.

I'd like to hear your experiences with these since it is a marca we usually hear very little about.

*Had the Vegueros Especial No. 2...was not disappointed in this habano. Have a couple of Seoanes in the humidor right now.

It's really not as bad as people say. But boring and quite simple to those who are used to more complex cigars.

For someone new to CCs, or perhaps wants something easy and light at a party (when you're not really paying attention to your cigar anyways), then the VGueros is not a bad choice.

I've only smoked the Especial No. 2. It was an okay cigar. I've definitely smoked worse...even in the world of Habanos. Nothing I would go out of my way for though. I have heard many prefer the Seone for a C&C.

I've only smoked the Especial No. 2. It was an okay cigar. I've definitely smoked worse...even in the world of Habanos. Nothing I would go out of my way for though. I have heard many prefer the Seone for a C&C.

I think I have had 2-3 I have really enjoyed in my life and about 50 I have hated.

Due to this post I revisited the Vegueros mareva yesterday on the deck. It was a solid OK. medium bodied, salty, vegetal, tobacco. It was also 10 years old.

As cigars the best you can say is that they are OK. The problem is that is the best you can say :lol:

I think I have had 2-3 I have really enjoyed in my life and about 50 I have hated.

Due to this post I revisited the Vegueros mareva yesterday on the deck. It was a solid OK. medium bodied, salty, vegetal, tobacco. It was also 10 years old.

As cigars the best you can say is that they are OK. The problem is that is the best you can say :lol:

Sorry to hear that this thread was the inspiration for smoking a disappointing cigar. In my first post I said I'm usually up for trying new things at least once..... I think you just talked me out it. ;)

Used to smoke lots of these when my vender had them on sale. Nice delicate floral cigars and once in a while you'd get box with a bit more oomph. When I saw the retail price for them I couldn't stop laughing.

Think I'd rather have the Monte Especials and Especials #2 for the same price.

As cigars the best you can say is that they are OK. The problem is that is the best you can say :cigar:

Rob handed me one of these cigars on Monday afternoon just after he had completed it and asked for my review. Rubbish, I would give it a 66 it was one dimentional dirt and I have to ditch it half way, but the flavours continued to hang around for several hours longer.

Used to smoke lots of these when my vender had them on sale. Nice delicate floral cigars and once in a while you'd get box with a bit more oomph. When I saw the retail price for them I couldn't stop laughing.

Think I'd rather have the Monte Especials and Especials #2 for the same price.

this is the problem I had.

I wanted to try them,but they retail at such a cost that there are 20 other cigars I'd like instead.

Not many ;)

But apparently they sell better than the Partagas SdC 1, 2 and 3. Makes no sense.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I must have lucked out. I picked up a couple of Seone on vacation, and I thought they were pretty good. Grassy? Sure. Some people describe Cohibas that way, but apparently if the cigar is expensive grassy becomes a good thing. ;)