Bolivar Group Review

Some folks have checked in and some reviews are coming. Remember the contact info is smokedpigfish(enter the @ symbol here)hotmail.com. Don't PM me, my box is always full!

So far:

Piggy: - RC- review in

MrGlass: - PC

MBrody: RC TEB JUN 08- review in

MBrody: PC

Omskakas: PC '01- review in

DizeDean: PC- review in

Cigarmantim: RC- review in

Investandprosper: Bolivar Petit Corona – Box Code LRE ABR 09 (John, I need your FoH handle, email me!)

Sepp: PC- review in

workinonit50: PC - review in

Soltino: PC- review in

Habanos2000: RC - review in

I'd love to jump in on this. Can I send my info in this evening? No time to smoke one before then. Been wanting to crack open my box of Boli PCs :D

I won't post results for a while yet, Sat/Sun depending on time zone. Fire away. Still looking for Lisa to go ahead a few days extension for the contest as I would like to see all that want to review get entered. I was shooting for 10 to 20 member turnout. -Piggy

Gents:

Looking for some more RC reviews!

Need your Foh handle John!

Check your name and make sure that if you sent anything to me you are on the list. This is all I have so far. Lisa has said she will extend the contest deadline a few day, but lets not make the others wait on us. Thanks for all the input so far gents. -ray

... next!

Investandprosper

John: Bolivar Petit Corona – Box Code LRE ABR 09

Construction is perfect, wrapper is oily, and aroma at cold gives sweet tobacco notes. After punching the cap, the draw is looser than expected but isn’t too bad. The cigar lights easily, and the first draw lets loose with a sweet, woodsy, coffee flavor that I love in the Bolivar Petit Corona. Plenty of tooth, and exhaling through the nose gives a sweet spiciness. I sense a little harshness, which most likely is a result of not giving them adequate time to rest after shipping. It’s not strong, but it’s there. With time to rest, it should develop into a sweet creaminess in the opening.

Getting into the first third, and a woodsy spice is the predominant flavor. It is complimented by a sweet creamy aroma coming off the cigar. The harshness has melted away, and the burn is perfect. I’m enjoying this one with a cup of black coffee, which is a perfect companion.

Entering the second third, the cigar really mellowed out. The aroma is there, but the taste is very mild. Hoping this part passes, nothing really to write about. Just about to exit the second third and the cigar perks up with a rich coffee and dark chocolate. It’s back to life!

Entering the final third, the dark chocolate dominates the palate, and it finishes with a cinnamon spice. The spice is more complex than just cinnamon as the final third progresses, it reminds me of Christmas =) This would be excellent with a cold glass of egg nog! Some burn issues towards the end, had to relight a couple of times, but I would still rate this cigar a solid 87. Not the best Boli PC I’ve had, but it definitely had some pleasant twists and turns along the way.

... next!

Omskakas

Bolivar Petit Corona LRE ENE10

I shouldn't have smoked this. I just got the box put it in a freezer

for three days immediately, so it had less than a week to stabilize in

my humidor. But I liked the thrill and the danger so I chose the

prettiest and oiliest from the box.

The

cigar I smoked was third from the left.

Construction: perfect, oily wrapper

Draw: thightish just as I like

Smoke: plenty

Burn: as good as it can get with Cubans

Ash: tight & very solid

Cold taste: rich, hard to describe

Initial taste: Wow! This is going to be good! Rich coffee spice with

full body. Aroma is Cohiba-like vanilla bean, but darker and stronger.

1/3: Body mellows to medium-full. There's lots of rich chocolate on

the taste and aroma. Some creamines and spice also. I can't believe

how good this cigar is! I'm in trance and having multiple cigar-gasms.

I can sense some twist on the taste, like good cognacs have. Mouth

feel is incredible and the taste lasts and lasts.

2/3 Still medium to full body. Lots of chocolate. What's that? It's

cherry isn't it? Yes it is! It's like eating a rich, moist cherry &

chocolate cake with black coffee.

3/3 Body is building up to full. Chocolate gives room for more black

coffee and subtle leather. I'm still enjoying this cigar very much.

When I'm not puffing I keep smacking my lips to enjoy the after taste.

I nub the cigar and even then I'm little sorry that it is over. I

still have 24 to go. :lol:

Score: 5/5 divine, fantastic, awesome, etc.

... well my friends that looks like it concludes it for now. If I have missed anyone, let me know. Please check your review for accuracy, I should not have mixed up any pages but I have not had my coffee yet!!!

Thank you all very much for your working in joining in here. I would have liked more reviews but in light of the time I think we did pretty well.

Cheers mates. Piggy

Well done, Piggy and all participants. A big kudos to you, Piggy, for organizing this and doing the leg work on the review postings. Some great reads, and interesting points between the different reviews.

I wasn't able to participate, as I've been working/sick, and I also don't have any of these in my cabinet (a trip to my b&m was out of the question these past few days).

Well done, and I hope to participate the next time, if this is done again.