Go to see Ken has graced us with his presence

Don't you love that Ken was telling Rob and everyone that he would be looking after the forum and would only be away for Monday/Tuesday........ as per usual Smithy and I and the rest of the moderators have to do everything :o

Remember Ken I get Rob's e-mails when he is away so I know you are around and not on your death bed :D

Don't you love that Ken was telling Rob and everyone that he would be looking after the forum and would only be away for Monday/Tuesday........ as per usual Smithy and I and the rest of the moderators have to do everything :o

Remember Ken I get Rob's e-mails when he is away so I know you are around and not on your death bed :D

had you checked closely, you would have noted numerous posts by me this week.

also, has it not run smoothly?

i did want to mention that piece of garbage hiding behind, and protected by, the catholic church who molested those kids (front page - weekend aust) and then was hidden by the church in japan to avoid extradition here (making all those tearful protestations by the pope etc just a touch hollow) but with rob away, i thought i should hold off.

still, if you poke the bear...

i did want to mention that piece of garbage hiding behind, and protected by, the catholic church who molested those kids (front page - weekend aust) and then was hidden by the church in japan to avoid extradition here (making all those tearful protestations by the pope etc just a touch hollow) but with rob away, i thought i should hold off.

Looks like you couldn't resist. HAA :o

Are whales off season now or something? It is not that I am not very pleased that you have focused on something other than guns but what is it with you and the All Mighty??? -LOL

(Beware mates... an invitation to explain himself has been proffered!) -Piggy

Are whales off season now or something? It is not that I am not very pleased that you have focused on something other than guns but what is it with you and the All Mighty??? -LOL

(Beware mates... an invitation to explain himself has been proffered!) -Piggy

apparently whales are off season thanks to el squibbo and his ban. as are guns, unless provoked.

my problem is certainly not with the big fella himself, though i would be much happier if he chose to do a little more selective smoting, but rather those that claim to be representing him on our little planet while commiting some fairly attrocious acts and then hiding behind the very institutions that are supposedly his, and those institutions then protecting them. and one could easily n ot limit oneself to the child abuse - plenty of examples of other behaviour but for now, this will do.

ray, the injustice and horror of this makes me absolutely livid. and if mentioning it makes people uncomfortable then that is probably a good thing.

the one i mentioned above allegedly had a long history of abuse including, one night when he had taken a group of 10 to 12 year boys camping, climbing into one of the tents of these kids and when the kid fought back and ran out into the bush, he simply moved to the next tent. meanwhile this terrified kid spent a night out in the bush in teeming rain in the middle of winter. and the church, rather than doing anything about this, protects the piece of scum by shipping him off to some operation they have in japan (no extradition with australia). and this is just one of obviously thousands of examples of this around the world.

so when i see the pope become all teary-eyed and tell us all how terrible it all is, i find that the impossible happens and i end up with even less respect for this institution (same goes for every other church where this has happened - 'their church, their rules' is the lamest cop-out i've ever heard and yes, i accept that their are innocent members of these churches and priests doing good work but time they stood up as well). he wants to show some genuine remorse then they expose every single grub who did this and provide all the evidence and statements they can muster to local authorities to ensure that as many of them as possible, no matter what other 'good' they might have done, spend the rest of their lives behind bars. then i might have some respect for a church.

ray, you asked for it and there you have it.

and just in case anyone is wondering, no i am not a victim and nor do i prsonally know anyone that was - though one of the teachers at my old school was apparently notorious and, fortunately, shamed and jailed. and that was not a catholic school and i assure that i have exactly the same feelings re that as re what has happened with catholic priests.