NFL : Week 1

All the way from Northern California, the Raider Nation reports in. Oaklnad Raiders vs Tennessee Titans at 10 am. Good luck brothers on all your teams today.

Amen! I got into a depression for 7 months after the Superbowl, wish I could hibernate those months. Giants looked great, glad to see my team coming out strong. I love Sundays in the fall, also a great time to smoke a cigar.

All the way from Northern California, the Raider Nation reports in. Oaklnad Raiders vs Tennessee Titans at 10 am. Good luck brothers on all your teams today.

Ummm, sorry about that one. :P:D

And my Steelers pulled it out, against the odds. :D

Seatle Seahawks - how do you spell blowout?!!?!?!!?

And the Bucs?!?!?!?!! What, in gawdsake was that?!?!!?!? Insert - horseshoe - here... :D

You guys really only have ONE real problem. His name is Al Davis.

I know but what can you do? He's like Fidel castro this guy. He was one of the the founders of the AFL and he is the owner. Stubborn old man.

Ummm, sorry about that one. :P:D

And my Steelers pulled it out, against the odds. :D

Seatle Seahawks - how do you spell blowout?!!?!?!!?

And the Bucs?!?!?!?!! What, in gawdsake was that?!?!!?!? Insert - horseshoe - here... :D

Some of the most loyal fans in the league.

Hi all!

I was going to post a separate thread for this question but decided this was as great as any.

I have loved the NFL for as long as I remember but there has always been one huge question in my mind I could never figure out with this sport and seeing now these past two years I've had the pleasure of being a member of FOH with many US brothers, can you answer me this one question so that I can completely understand the game.

I notice throughout the game there are instances where there are terms used such as 1st and 20, 6 and 10 etc, etc. What on gods earth does this mean?

I'm sure there's an extremely easy explanation for this but any help would be appreciated.

On that note, Finally Dallas scores a touchdown! :D

Hi all!

I was going to post a separate thread for this question but decided this was as great as any.

I have loved the NFL for as long as I remember but there has always been one huge question in my mind I could never figure out with this sport and seeing now these past two years I've had the pleasure of being a member of FOH with many US brothers, can you answer me this one question so that I can completely understand the game.

I notice throughout the game there are instances where there are terms used such as 1st and 20, 6 and 10 etc, etc. What on gods earth does this mean?

I'm sure there's an extremely easy explanation for this but any help would be appreciated.

On that note, Finally Dallas scores a touchdown! :D

MIKA

1st and 20 would mean:

It's first down and 20 yards to go to get another 1st down. Remember football only has 4 downs so a 3rd and 5 would mean it's 3rd down and 5 yards to go in order to get a 1st, or another set of 4 downs.

When a team gets to a 4th down, you'll usually see them punt which gives the opposite team the ball and their own set of 4 downs.

Hope that helps explain it a bit.

MIKA

1st and 20 would mean:

It's first down and 20 yards to go to get another 1st down. Remember football only had 4 downs so a 3rd and 5 would mean it's 3rd down and 5 yards to go in order to get a 1st, or another set of 4 downs.

When a team gets to a 4th down, you'll usually see them punt which gives the opposite team the ball and their own set of 4 downs.

Hope that helps explain it a bit.

they start at first and ten so if the ten goes higher, it means they have been penalised or sacked or lost ground somehow.

also, on fourth down, you might see a field goal attempt if they are close enough.

and YEEHAAAA, SKINS!!!!