Sancho Panza "Non Plus"

I am having a little SP NP now. Dead set bloody average.

Have had very good ones but so many of these average ones. current example is thin in flavour, light in body and lacking the earth/cream and sea spray flavour I adore in the SPNP.

Again, this is an ugly stick example. Some times you can't judge a book by its cover but in this case you certainly can.

Who are fans of the SPNP. Is my flavour description of earth/cream and sea spray a mirage? I need reassurance.

These are far from my favorite, but I like to smoke them when I feel like a change up PC. I get the earth and seaspray flavors, but not really the cream. To me the flavors are more dark. Sometimes I'll get some wood with the earth/seaspray, sometimes I'll get rich toasted tobacco, and occcasionally I'll get a hint of unsweet chocolate. I haven't smoked a ton of these, but the ones I have smoked have always been medium full in body. I've never had an amazing Non Plus, but they do seem pretty consistent to me. Just a solid 87-88 point cigar that has a unique flavor profile that sets it apart from all of the other PCs I usually smoke. I feel like when I pick one of these up, I know exactly what I'm going to get (flavorwise, at least; the draw is a different story).

I have tried these cigars repeatedly and while I have a general love of the PC these cast shame on the breed. I don't know what it is but I don't like anything about the SP line, including these and the molinos. I always thought it was just me. I still have more than half a box of molinos and I typically give them away if one wants to try an SP.

I have tried these cigars repeatedly and while I have a general love of the PC these cast shame on the breed. I don't know what it is but I don't like anything about the SP line, including these and the molinos. I always thought it was just me. I still have more than half a box of molinos and I typically give them away if one wants to try an SP.

It's not just you, Piggy. What a disappointing brand. The sombre-looking colours on the SP dress boxes sum it up.

Love the Belicoso. Looking at the reviews I've done of it, I noted a definite creaminess. Quoting myself:

Started of with cream and nuts. Evolved into cocoa, toast, and strong earth.

The ones I've smoked (and I am VERY selective when I'm picking which ones to smoke), have all demonstrated a consistently great, high-quality tobacco taste.

I am not a Sancho Panzo fan but to call a cigar a "Non Plus"??????????? The name clearly anounces that it is a crappy cigar. Is that not the worst name for a cigar ever?

I am not a Sancho Panzo fan but to call a cigar a "Non Plus"??????????? The name clearly anounces that it is a crappy cigar. Is that not the worst name for a cigar ever?

Comes from "Non plus ultra" which is the Latin motto of the Spanish Borbon dynasty.

Means "there is nothing beyond".

This is written on the stylized Pillars of Hercules on the royal crest,

which appears on the national flag as well.

Since the SP line was conceived for the Spanish market, the choice of name is easily explained,

and it is also a pun, suggesting that there is nothing better...

Cool history on the name!!

Well I guess i'll be the first and perhaps the only one to say that I LOVE the Non Plus. I like Sancho Panza in general but the Non Plus the best. The ones I've had have been from 09 and they were smooooth. Perhaps too light for most people but just right for me.

Jose

As my Yiddish grandmother would say, "Feh!".

The only SP I ever liked enough to buy was the Corona Gigante.

Like the Belicosos, the Coronas Gigantes too have been erratic. My first box of CGs was rather pleasant; the second, a tasteless disaster. I couldn't be bothered with them - or any SPs - subsequently.

Anyhow, I dare not pontificate to others that just because a particular vitola lets me down, it is therefore crappy for everyone else. Palates differ from person to person, so I cannot presume that mine is "superior" to anyone else's. However, I just cannot understand how anybody could possibly prefer NC cigars to Havanas! :lol: Cubans have such a wide variety of flavours and strengths to suit all taste-buds.