"free-stlye" Review Week

Go on...pick any cigar to review this week, and go into Saturday Mornings draw for a Lotus Lighter :P

Pics with the review receive two tickets in the draw. Please start a new thread for each review. You can post in "the water hole" and it will be transferred tot he review section next week.

Good Luck!

:cigar::o:o:idea: OOOO!!! OOOO!!! The Partagas X Salome w/the black band - - THAT ONE! THAT ONE! B);)

Quite a few EL's in there, Piggy.

Just for scientific research purposes I'm sure.

I have smoked a few! This drawer holds some cigars that I don't often look at... way in the back! I am pretty harsh on EL's. If I did not blow a lot of cash on them before I became a harsh critic of them, I would not only be full of ****... I would be a liar too. Well, while being full of **** is certainly debatable, I am no liar!!! I still have some boxes of **** cigars, EL's to others! Why I don't sell them; I don't know? I suppose that if I think they are **** then I think that I am stealing or cheating someone by selling the bad ones to them. I have seen others do it and often the purchaser, even knowing cigar trades are "buyer beware" transactions, get miffed when they get crappy cigars.

Up until say '07 I tried to barter/trade for as many as I could to add to my experiences. Now I know better and I don't even do that. I mean why trade a known good cigar for high probability bad cigar? The experience just is not worth it. I have had friends here and elsewhere send quite a few to me to opine and the only memorable one has been the Simones(sp) Canadian RE. That was a good cigar, a unique cigar. I still have yet to smoke my Reserva, another gift from a member here. As a side note, there are some damn fine people here, generous, kind and thoughtful people, many that I am happy to call friends.

I don't like snails, oysters, sea cucumber or sea urchin! That means that I have tried them, decided I don't like them and taken my position based on experience, just like the EL's. Thank God I don't need to keep a drawer full of left over "aging urchin." -LOL

Cheers mate! -R

I don't like snails, oysters, sea cucumber or sea urchin! That means that I have tried them, decided I don't like them and taken my position based on experience, just like the EL's. Thank God I don't need to keep a drawer full of left over "aging urchin." -LOL

Cheers mate! -R

Sea cucumbers! ;)

Cheers mate! -R

Funny, I love all of the above! But I also love my skinnys and am all for the everyday ubiquitous PCs and mourns the perpetual depletion of the coronas. ELs and REs I have a few boxes that really underwhelms me. Except for the Cohiba DC 2003.

Good reply, Raymond. I actually agree wholeheartedly.

I used to buy EL's... every single release.... but havent done that for 2 years. I still remember that moment of clarity when I sat down and looked at the cigar that I had paid twice as much for, tasted it... and wondered why I was so gullible.

I still buy collectible stuff... that wont change. But when a release like an EL sits on shelves 5 years after release... its not really all that collectible.

Good replies, both PigFish and Rob.

Yes, the Bolivar Simones was a great Regional Edition, about the only one I liked. As for the EL's, they've been hit or miss for years. The only ones I've built a serious stockpile of is the Cuaba Piramides.

Some people just go for the "collectibility" of these items. I go for the smokability - as of 2007, all of the tobacco is aged in the EL's (wrapper, binder, and filler) and not just the wrapper as in years prior to 2007. It makes a world of difference now. But, there's still hits and misses.

The Simones is one I am still yet to try. But look forward to it soon.

I have thoroughly enjoyed many Regional Editions: Estupendos, Magnificos, Dantes, Celestiales Finos, PL Robustos... there are plenty of amazing in the RE line up.

Do I collect them? No, I dont see many of them as collectible (there are a couple though). But I do stock up on those that I love... purley for consumption purposes.

The Simones is one I am still yet to try. But look forward to it soon.

I have thoroughly enjoyed many Regional Editions: Estupendos, Magnificos, Dantes, Celestiales Finos, PL Robustos... there are plenty of amazing in the RE line up.

Do I collect them? No, I dont see many of them as collectible (there are a couple though). But I do stock up on those that I love... purley for consumption purposes.

When I agree to liking an EL/RE you know I am either crocked or on to something. I liked the Simones and I am not bashful about liking it. If I had more I would send you one Rob, but mine was a gift.

Enjoying what you smoke is my only perspective. I don't criticize those looking for experience, I understand that facet of smoking, I just can't really say that I take part in it anymore, not in any serous fashion anyway. I don't deny collectors, I am just not one of them. I call myself a hoarder, that more reflects my mentality. I store good cigars to smoke and to share. I don't even like to sell the cigars that I don't like. It is not really my gig.

I knew that someone would call me out for the picture; I invited it and don't mind it at all. Of the thousands of cigars I own... these are most of the big ones!!! I have got some prominentes around here somewhere!

Sitting... -LOL

Cheers Mate! -R

Rob, I'm looking at getting a box of the Simones down the road from my b&m - they're the only ones that I know that have some still. However, a cab of 50 is $1191.00 CAD - so, it will definitely be a luxury purchase down the road more, once I get a few more long-term storage boxes replaced and I get myself caught up again. But, it is something that I intend on getting within a year. Once I do, I'll let you know down the road, for a trade arrangement maybe.

And/or, if you want to try them sooner, I can always go in and pick up a solo stick or two for you ($23.82 a stick), for a similar arrangement.

But, it's something that I'm looking at shortly down the road.

Send him a mickey of Canadian Club! :covereyes:

LOL. Only problem is, is I don't like whisky/rye at all! It would almost be sacrilege for me to pick some up! The only thing I do like, every once in a while, is Glenfiddich scotch. I actually really only like the Glenfiddich Nadura. Its an exclusive that you can only get in the duty free shops (and I think only those between Canada and the U.S.). It's an amazing 16-year one, lots of heavy vanilla and floral tones. I don't like the heavily peaty stuff, like Lagavulin.

I think they can get CC in other "British colonies" anyways, can't you Rob? I'm pretty sure it's in Australia.