Another Canadian onboard

CigarCanuck

Good Day,

Just wanted to send out a quick note, and introduce myself. Been smoking cigars for a few years now, and like other Canadians on here. I've enjoyed cubans the most. I enjoy the partagas d 4 series as it really draws some amazing spices. In Canada, we've got some outrageous taxes, and I'm glad to find a place that has all I need for fantastic prices.

Enjoy your smokes, and enjoy the sun

Cheers...

Welcome to the board!!

Nice to have another Canadian on the site. We are getting up there in numbers now. You are right about the prices of cigars now in Canada. I just paid $29 for a Petit Edmundo at my local B&M. I could have had 3 of them from the Czar for that price.

If you have any questions on ordering/shipping of cigars just ask. Shoot me a PM if need be

Make sure you spend some time on the video review section

Welcome!

Welcome to FOH. Enjoy the forum. By wth way...what is the tax there in Canada. I know it can vary a bit form place to place. In NYC our cigar tax now sits at 79%. Ouch. I have a feeling that it is even higher in places like Canada and Australia.

Welcome to FOH. Enjoy the forum. By wth way...what is the tax there in Canada. I know it can vary a bit form place to place. In NYC our cigar tax now sits at 79%. Ouch. I have a feeling that it is even higher in places like Canada and Australia.

Our taxes? I'm not exactly sure of the exact percentage, but I can easily give you a price quote in boxes. For example:

Cohiba Robustos, SLB of 25. In Cuba, the price is around $260 CUCs (on par with US $). Through Czar or some other online dealers that I deal with, a box is around $330 USD. In Canada, at the authorized La Casa Del Habano retail shops, a box is $1059.26 CAD (current price as of December 2008), which is about $1041.14 USD, at today's exchange rate.

Our taxes? I'm not exactly sure of the exact percentage, but I can easily give you a price quote in boxes. For example:

Cohiba Robustos, SLB of 25. In Cuba, the price is around $260 CUCs (on par with US $). Through Czar or some other online dealers that I deal with, a box is around $330 USD. In Canada, at the authorized La Casa Del Habano retail shops, a box is $1059.26 CAD (current price as of December 2008), which is about $1041.14 USD, at today's exchange rate.

:barf:

:vomit:

I think I just had a heart attack!!! I guess somebody has to pay for that health care program!!! lol. I use to live up north past Seattle and use to love driving over the border and scoring CC's.

Wow...that is seriously painful...

I think I just had a heart attack!!! I guess somebody has to pay for that health care program!!! lol. I use to live up north past Seattle and use to love driving over the border and scoring CC's.

Definitely worth it, but the prices on these "luxury" items are through the roof here. It's a combination of excessive taxes, and high markup (due to being a relatively easy score for Americans trying to get Cuban cigars - most of our LCDH b&m stores are an easy drive from the U.S. border).

Wow...that is seriously painful...

Yup.

Hence the reason that the majority of my smokes that come from b&m stores are singles, specials, etc. Most of my full boxes that I get for aging and long-term storage/smoking comes either from certain online retailers that I've built a good relationship with, or from Cuba directly (best option).