Melbourne Guys

Well after the last get together with Rob in Melbourne, I’ve been thinking of having a once a month meet to share a cigar and a laugh

So after some debate in my household with she who must be obeyed, said

“Why don’t you guys just meet somewhere?”

Well what can I say she's right, as always and who am I to dispute that.

So here are the plans.

1) We can have a night at my place for drinks/ poker night where we can enjoy our smokes with a BBQ and a few laughs

The down side of this is that you will have to make your way home after a big night of drinking and poker

2) We can meet in the city somewhere and do pretty much what we did last time but will be at the mercy of the venue we pick, so there will be a time to leave and make your way home either way you will need a driver or taxi

I have no problems having people over, it’s just that some of you will have to bring your wife’s / partner for my wife to talk to, as she don’t like to listen to us guys talking about cigars, football , and other assorted things to do with men’s conversations

I will be posting some days that I have off work in the very near future pending interest of going ahead with this

I did have a great time when Rob was down in Melbourne and I see no reason why we can can’t continue to meet and have a good time or start a tradition

Cheers

PS Who knows we may have interstate visitors come as well

Interstate visitor here :rolleyes:

I would love to catch up with all you guys again (including Czar Crew )

Had a ball in Melbourne and will be down (over) there again in Feb and possibly March

would be great to catch up again even though the city would be of more convenience

Although next time a hip flask of Zacappa would be more prudent :P

Cheers Guys

Till next time OZ :)

• 2 weeks later...
Gents I will be down in Melbourne next Friday if anyone is keen to catch up.

Sorry I missed this post. Would have like to catch up with you mate.

Well after some negotiating with work to get some time off

I now have a free weekend for some poker playing (I even cleaned some of the garage for us to have a huge night)

Ok the day is Saturday the 21st of August for a poker and cigar night.

Not sure if the weather will hold up for a BBQ, but I will try to organise something along those lines if possible

If not we can always call for pizza and have the good wife make something (starting to get some brownie points now)

Kick off will be around 7 pm if everybody is ok with that.

We can call it a night when we run out cigars or poker chips...

Let me know if you are interested in attending so I can make some arrangements for the night.

I will try to organise a trophy for the first poker tournament so the winner can have bragging rights on the night.

Also please can you guys bring your partners as my wife doesn’to like listening to boring men talk about cigar/poker/cars and other man matters

So now who's in?

I will PM the address to those who are interested in attending

Ps: for those of you who want to attend and can’t make it back home there's a Hotel nearby, 3 blocks away to stay overnight if you don’t want to drive home

Here is the link to the place http://www.mercurecarolinesprings.com.au/

with bells on i am in, wife (AKA) the Cook has 4 kids to care for so unfortunately i cant bring her, a wed or Tue is good for me, i am happy to bring a few sticks and we can share cigars etc.

maybe we can add a themed wine or single malt or rum element (of course BYO) and as far as BBQ i have some contacts in the aged meat sectors, maybe we can do this as well

happy to share and buy my share of stuff

spiro and (POKER ????) ill just give you my money upfront "forget about it"

s

Dang, will be a ripper night for sure FlyingFossil, thanks for offering to host but it is election night and I expect to be working late at the polling booth. (Nice little earner if you also like politics otherwise would drive normal people homicidal) :P

Am happy to travel for future events B)

maybe we can add a themed wine or single malt or rum element (of course BYO) and as far as BBQ i have some contacts in the aged meat sectors, maybe we can do this as well

happy to share and buy my share of stuff

spiro and (POKER ????) ill just give you my money upfront "forget about it"

Mate looks like you Maximus and me will be doing the early exit from the game ..lol

as far as the theme (drinks) great idea, I will take you up on the offer of getting some good cuts of meat as soon as I have some numbers i'll let you know .

Dang, will be a ripper night for sure FlyingFossil, thanks for offering to host but it is election night and I expect to be working late at the polling booth. (Nice little earner if you also like politics otherwise would drive normal people homicidal) :clap:

Am happy to travel for future events :P

Mate sorry you cant make it ..but I do understand about the extra $$$ ..

I actualy forgot about the day I guess we'll be smoking away while some bloody poly get elected

Cheers and looking forward to it

Diego

• 4 weeks later...

OK its only 8 days to the Sat night gig so far only 1 person has asked what the adress is ?

Is there any other takers ?

if its going to be only a couple of people I may as well cancel the poker night and just have a few cigars and a few drinks.

Need to know if you are defently attending so I can organise some things like chairs and outdoor heaters.

So if you are coming please let me know or ask where its at

cheers

Hi Diego.

Unfortunately I too must give the 21st a miss as not only is it an election day but I have family from Vienna coming from Friday 20th for a few weeks.

If you're free the Friday after for a couple cigars and drink at Siglo bar, I'll certainly make the time. Of course everyone is welcome.

My apologies for dragging out my response but I've been awaiting news on when exactly my family were coming over and with whom they would be initially staying with. That would be me.

No problem to those who can make it due to other comitments.

As for those who did ask where we at you have the addres i'll see ya on Saturday about 6:30 / 7:00 pm ..

Cheers