Getting harder to tell fakes...

Check out these photos please. I apologize for the quality. I used my wife's really good camera that I don't know how to use.

http://s902.photobucket.com/albums/ac229/s...exican/havanas/

I have been trying to find a reputable online distributor for years; thought I had finally found one (a good guy at my local smoke shop said he used ***** ) but I'm not so sure. The ones I received, a mixed sampler of 3-packs Monte 2's, Partagas D4's, Hoyo Epicure and a 5-pack of Cohiba Siglo II, just haven't impressed me. They look fine. I posted photos and everyone says they look ok but they have all been unimpressive. I would just love to know if this site is legit or if anyone else has used them. Hopefully I will be allowed to buy from the Czar soon. These shots in the dark are getting expensive...

BTW, is it taboo to list the sites name? I do not want to break any established protocol.

Dealers Name deleted by Moderator.

Yes it is taboo to name vendors/sites. You should never name them in open forum. Ask for advice through email or pm only if you must.

I suspect a moderator will be along shortly to sanitize this post.

Yes it is taboo to name vendors/sites. You should never name them in open forum. Ask for advice through email or pm only if you must.

I suspect a moderator will be along shortly to sanitize this post.

Quick aren't we? :lol:

Quick aren't we? :lol:

:( !!

I would let them sit in your humidor for a while before you have another. The Cohiba Siglo IIs that I have are very smooth with very prominent notes of vanilla (the same with the Cohiba Robustos I have). The Partagas Serie D. No. 4 have their own flavor profile, with a bit of spice. I'd say that if you aren't picking those notes up, let them age a bit first.

Yes, I suspect that my impatience and apprehension may not be helping... I only let them sit for a few days before I smoked them. I will keep this in mind. Thanks.

Oh, and sorry about breaking the first rule on the first day with the first post. I bet it's a while before that distinction is broken. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...