New Xikar Lighter

I've had problems with every Xikar lighter purchased good thing you can't find a better warrantee but my most reliable over the years in all conditions is my S.T.Dupont extend love their cutters though

I've had problems with every Xikar lighter purchased good thing you can't find a better warrantee but my most reliable over the years in all conditions is my S.T.Dupont extend love their cutters though

Thanks for the feedback. Are S.T.Dupont comparable in price?

Thanks for the feedback. Are S.T.Dupont comparable in price?

the last triple flame xikar had a MSRP of $90.00 and my Extend was like $150 and that is a low end as far as price goes with Dupont but the other lighters aren't jet flame. so yes more expensive but have gone through more money with lesser quality

I have the exact same Xikar lighter, lover, it's a great little lighter that works great for me.

I've had tons of problems with my Xikar torch lighter. Sent the first one back for a replacement. Tried to use the replacement lighter at 7,500 ft over the weekend and it wouldn't light. No cigar for me. Pissed me off. The lighter works fine at home (about 4,300 ft)

I've had tons of problems with my Xikar torch lighter. Sent the first one back for a replacement. Tried to use the replacement lighter at 7,500 ft over the weekend and it wouldn't light. No cigar for me. Pissed me off. The lighter works fine at home (about 4,300 ft)

That's disappointing. Do you think it's a problem with Xikar lighters specifically, or torch lighters in general?

That's disappointing. Do you think it's a problem with Xikar lighters specifically, or torch lighters in general?

Not real sure, but I've had problems with all my torch lighters at high altitudes. Sucks because it is often too windy up in the Mtn. to use anything else.

Evening,

I was just gifted the Xikar ultra thin cutter lighter combo.

Sorry for the lousy picture

post-5877-1278462388.jpg

This is my first Xikar lighter. The cutter is magnetized so it fits nicely to the lighter.

The cutter is excellent, I thought I would have trouble since there is no real place to rest the thumb and finger in, but it is very easy to use and the cuts are excellent.

The lighter so far has just been OK, it takes many trigger pulls to get it lit sometimes. There is plenty of fuel but for some reason each time I use it I'll pull 4 to 6 times to get flame. I don't know if it's because it's a new lighter, but would like to see it work a little quicker.

Anyone else experience this with torch lighters? Is there anything I can do to make it more efficient?

The lighter so far has just been OK, it takes many trigger pulls to get it lit sometimes. There is plenty of fuel but for some reason each time I use it I'll pull 4 to 6 times to get flame. I don't know if it's because it's a new lighter, but would like to see it work a little quicker.

Anyone else experience this with torch lighters? Is there anything I can do to make it more efficient?

Is the dial turned all the way towards the plus sign?

Yes, I've experimented with all different levels of flame.

I've found with the Blazer Zippo insert torch lighters they are hard to light in cold temps, especially if they've been recently refuelled. I switched to the PB-207 and I've never had this problem again, though a new one has cropped up. After refuelling, the damn thing turns into a blow torch with a 5 inch flame!! Keep well away from your face when lighting up!! :hole:

I got a Xikar Element for Christmas...I use it everytime and it hasn't failed me yet! Also, I ALWAYS make sure I bring it to BrutustheBuckeye's house when I visit because of the impossible contraption of a lighter that he uses.... WHAT A PIECE OF ****!!! Get a real lighter would ya.... TOSSER!!!

I got a Xikar Element for Christmas...I use it everytime and it hasn't failed me yet! Also, I ALWAYS make sure I bring it to BrutustheBuckeye's house when I visit because of the impossible contraption of a lighter that he uses.... WHAT A PIECE OF ****!!! Get a real lighter would ya.... TOSSER!!!

I copped a lot of flak during the last Sydney gathering for the "piece of ****" PB207 I had. That was until everybody finally figured out how to disable to safety catch... bunch of tossers :hole:

I have 2 PB-207s and a Blazer Little Buddy. All 3 have issues when I try to light them outdoors during the cold winter months. I had previously been a big fan or torch lighters and I still use them, but I have found myself slowly gravitating toward soft flames.

I copped a lot of flak during the last Sydney gathering for the "piece of ****" PB207 I had. That was until everybody finally figured out how to disable to safety catch... bunch of tossers :buddies:

Fuzz, just goes to show you that the childproof feature actually works :lol3:

There is a problem with using butane at altitude and cold temps - it's one of the reasons that mountaineers suggest not using a "canned butane"

type of stove under these conditions, but a fuel bottle with attached pressurizing pump (this was the case some time back, at least). I forget the

science behind it - I'm sure we have members that can elaborate.

I asked some time back about the Colibri hybrid lighter, and ended up buying one. It has worked fine so far, though I still use my blazer more regularly.

I have noticed that the torch is not as powerful as the blazer, and I don't know about how long a fuel refill lasts as this point, but it does work as advertised -

lights as a soft butane flame using flint ignition (always lights), pushing a button on the side switches it to a torch flame. I like it so far, and works for me,

especially when I may be smoking indoors somewhere.

i just sent my st DuPont lighter in for repair here in USA and rhode island distributor states the lighter is old and cannot get parts to repair any body had this situation?

Which model ST Dupont lighter is it and what year?

Recently I've reverted back to using my Ronco Varaflame Adonis c.1960. It was out of commission for a few months while I was looking for someone to make repairs to th elighter. With a lighter that is 40 to 50 years old, the manufacturer no longer services them becasue of the lack of parts, you have to find someone who cannabilizing old lighters or can machine the small parts necessary to replace damaged parts in the lighter. Still it was worth the wait. I have many ligthers from Zippos, Xikars, Blazers, ST Duponts and Dunhills, but this is by far my favorite lighter. Can't beat vintage.

I asked some time back about the Colibri hybrid lighter, and ended up buying one. It has worked fine so far, though I still use my blazer more regularly.

I have noticed that the torch is not as powerful as the blazer, and I don't know about how long a fuel refill lasts as this point, but it does work as advertised -

lights as a soft butane flame using flint ignition (always lights), pushing a button on the side switches it to a torch flame. I like it so far, and works for me,

especially when I may be smoking indoors somewhere.

I saw this hybrid Colibri advertised in the latest CA and it caught my eye. I've been using a Blazer for close to 10 years but always wanted the ability to switch between soft flame and blow torch. I might look into picking one up now.