La Gloria Cubana Deliciosos ER para Cuba 2009

These cigars were produced in the Regional Series in 2009 oddly enough for Cuba :D . Sold exclusively at LCdH Partagas Factory, Havana. Or not only there? Especially for this cigar was introduced a new production format - vitola de galera - Hermosos №4, size 48 x 127.

Packaging in numbered ceramic jars J25 (2000). Exclusive distributor on the territory of Cuba - Habanos S.A.

I got couple of cigars after my russian friend returned from Cuba, where he was resting with his fiancee. Therefore the box code I don't know...

Wrapper color - colorado (carmelito)

Appearance - very good

Construction - excellent

Draw - perfect

Flavor - excellent

Aroma - perfect

Burn - good

Strength - moderate

Ash color - dark gray

The cigars make a very good impression of their aromatics changing from coffee-wood to the spicy, smoked meat throughout the smoke. The cigar of medium strength with a beautiful bouquet and a full harmonious taste.

It is strange that the Cubans have done a version supposedly for themselves. It is likely that this is done with the expectation that the arriving cigar rarities «hunters» instantly swept away those beautiful ceramic jars with all their contents. :clap: A cigar with a clear potential for aging but not significant.

In my opinion, the optimal period of aging not more than five years. Though now they look terrific. Perfect construction and appearance, a charming cover of "Bolivarian" type - red-brick color of wrapper. This type of wrapper called carmelito on behalf of the Carmelite cubans monks wearing robes similar color.

This is uniquely evening cigar, requires maintenance (port, cuban ron) and loneliness. Cigar for meditation and pleasant reflection...

post-3407-1278019472.jpg

post-3407-1278019487.jpg

post-3407-1278019516.jpg

post-3407-1278019556.jpg

post-3407-1278019576.jpg

• Like 1

I only wish they werent goin for the $750 price tag or I would get atleast 1. Would half too sell my blood or a kidney, but I m fine with that

On the same page here - wonderful cigar, but at $750??? Even VR Marshalls do not go that high, and everyone knows, that those are LGC Marshalls... :)

Also, what is the deal with Partagas Jars? some fat short pyramides in a $250 jar? Will be 250-300 in a blink of an eye and that is the future, if anyone had seen it before.

The jars are £175 in cuba and now are available from UK retailers at £580.

Good job i bought 3 :)

Wow! Have you bought 3 jars from UK retailers? For investments in the future? LOL)) Yes, I asked my friend how much they cost in Cuba. All true. It seems that someone wants to sell them in Europe. Or through auction=) Superb cigars!

Wow! Have you bought 3 jars from UK retailers? For investments in the future? LOL)) Yes, I asked my friend how much they cost in Cuba. All true. It seems that someone wants to sell them in Europe. Or through auction=) Superb cigars!

No 3 whilst on holiday in Cuba. Its through an official UK retailer that they are being sold.

RE for Cuba? Just curious if that many "premium, hand rolled" cigars even get smoked there by the local population or if this is just a sales gimmick.

I think the idea is that they are meant to be sold to visitors to Cuba,

as an exclusive item not available elsewhere.

As we see, though, some manage to get into the hands of international distributors.

I saw alot of those while on my trip to Cuba, Hotel Nacional/Airport duty free has them for 240 CUC. Great looking RE, if I had more luggage space I'd definitely get one of these.

look at this baby:

• 5 weeks later...
I saw alot of those while on my trip to Cuba, Hotel Nacional/Airport duty free has them for 240 CUC. Great looking RE, if I had more luggage space I'd definitely get one of these.

look at this baby:

Hey Blackham,

a friend of mine is going to Cuba end of August. Do you think this jars will still be out there by then? Where should he look to have most chance of finding them? LCDH Partagas factory? Hotel Nacional? Airport Duty Free? Anywhere else?

Thanks for your answer!