JL PCs

vision

How are the Juan Lopez petit coronas?

The #2 suffers from wild inconsistency. When it's on it's been amazing, but 1 or two out of a box like that isn't good enough. Are the pc's any better?

There are many JL fans here on FOH. Sadly, I am not one of them. I've smoked several, but have not noticed the inconsistencies you've mentioned. I can say though, that of the three vitolas...the No. 2 was the best of the bunch IMHO.

I dont have any experience with the PC.

The last box of JL #2s I had were exactly as descirbed. About a third of the box (maybe a quarter) was underfilled and burnt accordingly. The rest of the box made me want to get more. :lol:

New to the JL PC's. So far, the 08's just don't seem ready. Disjointed if you will. I will explore in a few more months.

As stated, the #2 and #1 that have had some time acclimating have shown some stellar performances. Inconsistency does seem to hold some back, but heh, I have experienced that same thing with every Marque.

The stellar ones are easily at the top of the list however...

Not a JL fan at all. Never had a #1 or 2 I liked, but for some reason I like the PCs a lot as a change of pace smoke. Smoking early 07s now & they are ready to go.

• 4 weeks later...

Just smoked a Juan Lopez PC today. I think it was an 08. The one I smoked has some nice spicyness to it. That I have never tasted in the No.1's or No.2's before.

Good flavor profile but falls short in construction. To the point, most are plugged or really tight in the 08 box I have currently. I'd say 3 out of 5 suffer in that regard.

IMO, go for Dip 4, Boli PC, or Partagas Coronas Especiales (started on my first box a few weeks ago). I have a few boxes of these and they are good go-to's for me.

I'm currently smoking from a 2001 box. Lacking in complexity but making up with a good spicy punch. Say good for those mornings when you need more than two ristretto's to get you motivated for the day ahead... (whilst not having a slight hangover)

Diplo 4, Boli Bonitas/PC or Parti Shorts would be, IMHO, a better investment...

• 1 month later...

I'm still really liking these. Just finished, and also received, a box of 07. No draw problems at all on mine. Nice spicy smoke. If I had to choose only one PC, it would be Bolivar. But I don't have to choose only one & these are the only JLs I buy.

• 5 months later...

I have only smoked the JL #2 and found them to be ok... I smoked one a buddy gave me and loved it so pulled the trigger on a cab. So far I am about 5 into the cab and they have been hit and miss. Due to my experience with the #2 I tend to stay somewhat away from the JL line.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My box of 07s were so fruity. My friends still talk about them. I let the rest sit and they are kind of bland now. Just straight Cuban tobacco. They are good. But if anyone gets a box and they have that

Amazing fruit profile and you lIke that, smoke them all. Don't let them age.

Thank you

Kwg116

• 2 months later...

My impression with JLPC (like with JL Panetelas Superbas),

was a very pronounced ginger edge / sharpness as the main core flavour.

Sadly, as much as I love to use ginger when cooking,

I don't like it nearly as much in my cigars.

But they do have a better reputation regards consistency (as opposed to S1, S2).