H.Upmann Magnum 46 (MAR08 Czar HQ-selection)

Glorious sunday out in the woods. The sun was shining and almost no wind. Springtime in Sweden can be so bloody nice sometimes!

Why not try something new? My eyes fell on the unspoiled cab of Mag46´s from Czars HQ-selection. Time to pop its cherry!

Have heard great things about these (especially the 08´s). I fired it up with high expectations. Heres my quick thoughts...

The 1st third of this cigar was unfortunately underfilled and had a terrible burn. Taste was all over the place and I didnt like it at all. Beginning to wonder what the fuzz is all about...

2nd third. Burn straightened out and suddenly I realized the fuzz. Thick smoke and nutty sandalwood. It was very hard to put a name on the taste but it was mesmerizing. I couldnt let it go!

3rd third. Lots of nicotine and there was a party in my mouth. This was the hardest cigar yet for me to describe. Perhaps to complex for my half-witted palate? Sandalwood mixed with coffee and cream?? I forgive thee for the crappy burn in the beginning.

My final conclusion on the Mag46? Just imagine Homer Simpson drooling.

Looking forward revisiting this box soon. Hopefully the next one will be this great from the beginning.

post-2756-1272852897.jpg

Thanks for the review. I love this cigar and it is hard to explain the magical taste that keeps me coming back, I like the way you put it and do enjoy the "Fuzz".

• 3 weeks later...

You are absolutely right about the 46s! Homer drooling describes it perfectly. One of the best cigars I've smoked in a while.

I can't keep my hands off a Mar 08 HQ box. Astounding! Gotta get more! :)