lighter to fuller, or fuller to lighter

I have seen suggested starting an evening of smoking of with a lighter smoke then smoking a more full bodied one. the reason being to ease into, or 'build up' into the smoking experience.

If im having more then one smoke in a night I'll go the other way and start with a spicy, darker flavour profile smoke then go for something more medium and subtle. I find by having a stronger stick first I actually wake up my palate (which normally needs it!) and can then kick back and enjoy something a bit lighter.

I'm also the same with wine. I always here people say they will drink for example a lighter white then go onto a red, or maybe like a pinot noir then a shiraz. I prefer to go a rich, jammy, spicy shiraz then maybe for an aged white or something.

Which way around do you guys like to order your smokes and bevies??

(I hope this made sense lol!)

Cheers, Dicko

Very generally speaking, I'd normally prefer lighter to fuller, mainly because I think going from a full, rich cigar or wine to something more subtle

can make the lighter seem "weak". But if I'm just having a good time with friends, I don't give it much thought.

Very generally speaking, I'd normally prefer lighter to fuller, mainly because I think going from a full, rich cigar or wine to something more subtle

can make the lighter seem "weak". But if I'm just having a good time with friends, I don't give it much thought.

I think this is how most people do things for sure.

Definitely agree about the not thinking too much about things with mates, especially after a bottle or two :buddies:

cheers Colt!

I also try lighter to fuller. If I start with something bold like a Party 898 I feel like I cannot get the subtleties of a Mag 46.

Then again last time I went light to full the second cigar (RyJ 04 LE) was muted and I really did not get much out of it.

Right now I am avoiding 2 cigars in one day as I just am not getting a lot of flavor from the second one.

I definitely start with the lighter smoke or beverage and move to something stronger as the night progresses. The reason for this is after smoking a heavier smoke or drinking a stronger beverage, I find that I miss out on many of the nuances of their lighter counterpart. Sometimes, if I've had a strong NC, I can't even taste the lighter cigars afterwards.

Two weeks ago I started with a PSP2 and went to a Monte 4. For the first half of hte Monte 4 all I could taste was Partagas, although it wasn't a particularly good Monte 4.

This week started with a Magnum 46 and went to a Boilvar PC. Both were good and I could taste the distince difference in the Bolivar from the H. Upmann.

So IMHO, lighter to fuller.

I have seen suggested starting an evening of smoking of with a lighter smoke then smoking a more full bodied one. the reason being to ease into, or 'build up' into the smoking experience.

If im having more then one smoke in a night I'll go the other way and start with a spicy, darker flavour profile smoke then go for something more medium and subtle. I find by having a stronger stick first I actually wake up my palate (which normally needs it!) and can then kick back and enjoy something a bit lighter.

I'm also the same with wine. I always here people say they will drink for example a lighter white then go onto a red, or maybe like a pinot noir then a shiraz. I prefer to go a rich, jammy, spicy shiraz then maybe for an aged white or something.

Which way around do you guys like to order your smokes and bevies??

(I hope this made sense lol!)

Cheers, Dicko

Last week I smoked the Cohiba Sublimes and then PSD4. I couldn't taste the PSD4 at all...IMHO lighter to fuller is a good idea..

I try to go light to heavy but even more important to me is I smoke what I feel will be my best cigar of the night first. If I have something special that I have been wanting to smoke then that goes first and if I decide to have another afterward then I will try and pick a cigar that I feel would be a good follow up. I think it is important to smoke that special cigar first so that you can detect all of the complex flavors and aromas and go from there.

I always like to fill my lighter up with fluid before the evening's smoking begins... oops... not what the title meant... (j/k).

In general I'd go with the light to full theory, though more often for me it's a matter of going from cheaper to best. It's disappointing for the highlight of the evening to be followed up by less than stellar reinforcements... unless, as others have alluded to, there's enough drinking going on to dull the senses later on anyway.

Purosdave nailed it perfectly. I normally find that if my second selection is a lot lighter than the first I get a paper quality to the second cigar. And if I have a choice but I'm dying to have a specific cigar...that one gets a fresh palate.

Unless I want to smoke a particular stick first I go lite to full.

When drinking wine I prefer reds so I always have the red first. Then a nice crisp chilled white works well for me.

Otherwise I am drinking bourbon. :buddies:

I try to go light to heavy but even more important to me is I smoke what I feel will be my best cigar of the night first. If I have something special that I have been wanting to smoke then that goes first and if I decide to have another afterward then I will try and pick a cigar that I feel would be a good follow up. I think it is important to smoke that special cigar first so that you can detect all of the complex flavors and aromas and go from there.

This

I rarely smoke at night, but have a lighter bodied cigar in the morning. My palate is fresh & I can taste the cigar's nuances. After lunch, it powerhouse time.

I usually like to have a lighter cigar before dinner and a heavier one after. I feel a light cigar before my meal allows me to enjoy the food more and a heavier cigar afterwards allows me to digest it and relax. I also prefer a heavy wine with my food (depending on what I am eating) and white or red afterwards.

Rarely happens that I was smoking two cigars

but sometimes,I definitely start with the lighter smoke to full

for example

Cohiba siglo IV

sigivpluspadron004.jpg

To Padron 1926 Series

sigivpluspadron010.jpg

After the first heart attack, two years does not drink alcohol, only water and light coffee.

Life is not fair.