Which would you buy?

So here is my situation: my cigar budget is already shot to hell for 2010 and I have just enough for a box of either PSD4 or Bolivar Simones Canadian Regional Release. I have no way to get both but am torn as to which one. Flipping a quater hasn't helped. Do I get the PSD4 as I need them to fill a gap in my smoking lineup or go with the Simones that I know won't be around for long? Bear in mind I've never smoke one of the Boli's, so it would be a leap of faith. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without doubt, I'd get the Simones. They are one of the best Boli Regionals, have excellent aging potential, and they won't be around forever. The '08 D4's are very good, but they aren't an endangered species... yet.

Crap, I'd get two boxes of boli PC or CJ if it were my last purchase for the year...but since you are on a larger format, I'm thinking the Simones and would take that leap of faith (knowing the PSD 4 is still around).

I've only smoked one Simone, that came in a swap,

but I was very, very impressed.

PSD4s, though, I could easily live without...

I guess I would have to break from the crowd. I've smoke two Simones from different boxes and have not been impressed. To be up front about it, I'm not the biggest Boli fan. I would opt for the PSD4. Just one man's opinion.

I'm with the Chenman on this one. The Simone I had I was not impressed with. Plus making cost a factor I would rather have the PSD4. They are a staple and something I would always want on hand. As good as the reg production stuff has been lately I am stocking up on those and only rarely looking at LE/RE. Picked up two HQ PSD4 just to lay down for several years while I work through the ones I have now. And I fully plan on getting more along with RASS, BPC, PLPC, Mag 46, 50, much of the Cohiba line etc . .. ! Just me though.

I'd take that leap of faith and go with the Simones. As bunburyist said, if you don't like 'em you can swap. In fact, I think you could do quite well swapping them out with those of us who have no easy access to Canadian regionals.

As far as the mixed reactions from folks who've tried them, the same is true of the PSD4... some are great, some not so much.

Even thought I opted for the PSD4s...congrats on your Simones purchase. Enjoy.

Even thought I opted for the PSD4s...congrats on your Simones purchase. Enjoy.

Thanks Chenman, your advice has not fallen on deaf ears. They are next up on my list. Followed by Epicure 2 and Mag 46 and....and....and....damn, wher'd my budget go?