Washington Redskins Nab McNabb

Well woke up this morning to the news that the Redskins have traded a number two draft pick this year and a number four pick (possibly to become a number three) from next year for Donovan McNabb!!!

Very surprising and a couple of thoughts come to mind. One, Jason Campbell is most likely history. Two, surprised the most at the Eagles trading McNabb within their conference. Three, this immediately helps the team even with McNabb at 33 years old.

This changes the draft situation I think. They can go after a lineman like they aught to.

Well woke up this morning to the news that the Redskins have traded a number two draft pick this year and a number four pick (possibly to become a number three) from next year for Donovan McNabb!!!

Very surprising and a couple of thoughts come to mind. One, Jason Campbell is most likely history. Two, surprised the most at the Eagles trading McNabb within their conference. Three, this immediately helps the team even with McNabb at 33 years old.

This changes the draft situation I think. They can go after a lineman like they aught to.

Surprised as well; they may yet find a team. BUT... new coach, new QB, same owner!

Surprised as well; they may yet find a team. BUT... new coach, new QB, same owner!

Well, yes. That does remain! :surprised::lol3:

I wonder if they will try to package Campbell and Portis together with all the movement in the backfield so far (Johnson & Parker).

Redskins are always off-season champs. Aging McNabb behind that mediocre line could be ugly. Interesting gamble by both teams. I gotta think the Eagles know McNabb is declining, but this could blow up quite badly in their face.

Anyway. I am a Bills fan. You got Shanahan. We got Chan. Yowza.

I was ok with what they were doing until they started giving away draft choices which I still think is a bad idea. Maybe they need some new leadership to rebuild around, but it's a good thing that McNabb can scramble as he is probably going to need it.

Saw this last night, interesting to say the least. I expected him to be headed to the Raiders, but there were rumblings on ESPN that he said he would retire if traded there. I think the move helps the Redskins, but I don't think it puts them into playoff contention. They have many other holes they need to fill on the roster with some better talent to compete in the NFC East, just MHO.

Well, a little more info as it appears Donovan had a thing or two to say about where he wanted to go. :surprised::lol3:

this is surely nothing more than a bandaid for a year or two? any word on the likely starter?

i wonder if this means they think now they can actually draft a quarterback and give him time to get ready rather than just be thrust in.

any thoughts on whether they should have grabbed vick last year when they had the chance?

and to our friend freefallguy, i can hardly disagree but people in glass houses...

Well Jimbo it could be worse....My team is hoping Jake Delhomme can become a decent QB again...HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

Mcnabb will be good in DC,if they can protect him a bit.....

They are already making the compairison between Mcnabb and Elway....

Mcnabb is younger than Elway was when him and Shannahan started there 2 Super Bowl run...thats a streatch IMO but you get the point....Mcnabb is better than Jason Cambell so u got that working for ya!!!!

Well Jimbo it could be worse....My team is hoping Jake Delhomme can become a decent QB again...HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

Mcnabb will be good in DC,if they can protect him a bit.....

They are already making the compairison between Mcnabb and Elway....

Mcnabb is younger than Elway was when him and Shannahan started there 2 Super Bowl run...thats a streatch IMO but you get the point....Mcnabb is better than Jason Cambell so u got that working for ya!!!!

Yes it is all relative. One hair on your head? Not enough! One in your soup? Too much!

It is true that unless they shore up the line it wont make much difference. Also the receivers have to produce. Because they are trying to move Haynesworth (difficult because of salary) and possibly Portis (Willie Parker, Larry Johnson) as well as Campbell. They could end up with draft choices for this year and/or next help. Or players through trade.

Two weeks or so till the draft!

Oh, Ken. Forget Vick.

Good luck with McNabb.

We are generally glad to be rid of him.

A career of unfulfilled promise (most overrated quarterback today).

He couldn't handle the pressure or elevate his game when needed in single elimination situations.

He and Snyder deserve each other.

Lets Go Birds!