How to get rid of annoying smells inside the humidor

can anyone help me to get rid of this problem , even after the use of cleaning agents the smell of the solvents remain inside the humidor. i am very upset due to this, because it will not keep my cigars fresh indefinitely.

can anyone help me to get rid of this problem , even after the use of cleaning agents the smell of the solvents remain inside the humidor. i am very upset due to this, because it will not keep my cigars fresh indefinitely.

This topic might be better for "Humidor Tutorial"

Can you tell us what kind of humidor you have? If it's a wooden humidor, it would not be advisable to use cleaning agents inside it (nor water for that matter!)

If it's a plastic humi, then I'm sure you can use a bit of soapy water, then let it air for a week or so.

I had a certain smell in my desktop (cedar) humidor a while ago. It was affecting my cigars too. I took all the cigars out, opened up the humidor and left it on the balcony in the fresh air for three days (out of sunlight, elements etc.). I then brought it inside, filled a couple of shot glasses with distilled water, and left them inside the humidor for three weeks. After that, my humi has been working perfectly.

Welcome to the forum.

With a humidor that is lined in Spanish Cedar - which I am assuming you have, as that is the most common - there should not no cleaning agents used. Too much distilled water even, as Kanga me mentioned will warp the wood. Also only use distelled water in the humidor, regular tap water or drinking can cause mold. The best I can suggest would you be to air it out extensively. I have known people who used some rubbing alcohol, but I personally would not advise this. Good luck.