Going to be in Baltimore this weekend...

I'm going to be in Baltimore this weekend and was wondering if there are any good cigar bars or spots to smoke. I'm staying in Fells Point.

Any members live in that area?

If it was a few weeks from now I'd take you for a cruise on the bay, great place to enjoy a cigar and some cuban rum!

But, til then, I'm up Philly way, I'm sure a member from the area will chime in soon.

Fells Point is a good time, enjoy.

I'm going to be in Baltimore this weekend and was wondering if there are any good cigar bars or spots to smoke. I'm staying in Fells Point.

Any members live in that area?

I have a conference in southern Maryland at the Gaylord National Resort beginning Sunday through Wednesday. Then, flying to my home in the Bahamas and back to Virginia. D

Unfortunately, the MD smoking ban has a stranglehold on Baltimore.

There are a few cigar-friendly establishments, most noteworthy is the Havana Club (www.havanaclub-baltimore.com). It's above a Ruth's Chris (same owner) and has a Latin theme with nicely appointed seating areas.

Otherwise, you'll have to smoke at Cross Street Tobacco (www.crossstreettobacco.com) or Max's (www.maxs.com), which happens to be in Fells Point.

Enjoy your time in Baltimore and FWIW, Omar likes Cohibas. :D

Unfortunately, the MD smoking ban has a stranglehold on Baltimore.

There are a few cigar-friendly establishments, most noteworthy is the Havana Club (www.havanaclub-baltimore.com). It's above a Ruth's Chris (same owner) and has a Latin theme with nicely appointed seating areas.

Otherwise, you'll have to smoke at Cross Street Tobacco (www.crossstreettobacco.com) or Max's (www.maxs.com), which happens to be in Fells Point.

Enjoy your time in Baltimore and FWIW, Omar likes Cohibas. :D

Being from the west I was hoping the smoking bans weren't that bad out east. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check some of the places.

Stargazer - That would have been awesome. I'll hit you up next time I'm coming out there and maybe the stars will align (no pun intended) :-)

Max's has many good brews on tap, as well.

But sorry, I won't be down there.

Enjoy!

Missed you by a week. I was in Baltimore and D.C. last week for work. Fells Point is a great area, really gets bustling on weekends though. That whole area has been rebuilt and gentrified. Personally, I think they did a good job. Havana Club is great, but they don't open until 6pm and the selection of smokes is not extenisve and of course you will pay a premium. If you go, be sure to go to the right Ruths' Chris. There are two very close to each other. The one closer to Fells Point is at the Power Plant, you want to go to the one a few blocks further. I've only ever had the chance to walk by Cross Street Tobacco, but if you go, post an update. I'd like to hear how it is. I'm in Baltimore just about every month for work, so would love to get an update. Enjoy the trip. Oh...and if you like seafood try Oceanaire. Great restaurant.

UHG! Sorry I missed this. I live about 5 minutes from Fells, I'd have definitely met up with you for a smoke! I think the crew covered all the bases; unfortunately there just aren't that many options for sitting down in a great bar and lighting one up. Havana is nice but filled with the pretentious yuppy crowd...I'm more of a Max's kinda guy. Hope you enjoyed your time down here. Omar and Stringer tend to stay a shade northwest of Fells Point...