The Pacific (miniseries)

I will keep watching as well, but this is no BOB. Not even close, IMO. However, I don't think this can be close, where BOB was one linear series of events with the same cast, this is like multiple mini sereies where we cannot get close to the characters and experience their development over a long period of time.

Tonight is Ultimate Fighter, at least I know what will happen...

Been watching and enjoying the series thus far. it's definitely a different show than BOB, and not quite as gripping, I have found. Still interesting to watch, and especially learn about the characters, as I just drove past John Basilone Rd. along the I5 in SoCal on Monday.

Whats you guys think about the Pacific last night? Amazing!

The Pacific aired here in Australia last night, April 14 2010 and I must say, it has held up to expectations in re-telling the stories of Brave soldiers during the war. As usual, most of these soldiers were extremely young and brave.

My wife and I were talking about what the outcomes could have been like if not for all the brave soldiers who defended freedom.

I must agree in that it is not quite like BOB but I will watch this nonetheless.

Been enjoying the series. The writing is pretty lackluster, but the battle scenes are quite good. Leckie is a interesting character. There are a few sex scenes in a few episodes too ;). Looking forward to the ending. I think the new character (I think he was the kid Tim from Jurassic Park)who just enlisted is going to get killed. Someone's gotta die to make a lasting impression.

Started watching this, but just couldn't get into it. Will tune in next week as I have heard good things about it. My grand father was in Borneo for Australian Army and reported back to my grand mother that when on patrol was **** scared of angry Orangutans and Japanese soldiers!