Lucky Duck

samb

Picked up a bottle of "Lucky Duck" from Walmart for about $4.00. Never heard of it 'til now. The shiraz is not terrible, but certainly nothing to brag about. It is in no way complex. It does not dance upon my palate. It goes well with the simple but ok custom-rolled NC (wouldnt taint a habano with it). It is supposedly a product of Australia. Ever heard of it?

I refuse to drink wine that has a duck or fish on it or in the name. I will drink a rabbit, but that's as far as I go. I got rules and regulations...

What about a penguin or a kangaroo?

I refuse to drink wine that has a duck or fish on it or in the name. I will drink a rabbit, but that's as far as I go. I got rules and regulations...

i feel the same same way about breweries that have 'Dog' in their name.

dont touch the stuff.

dont touch the stuff.

You are missing out then becasue Dogfish Head produces some of the best ales and stouts you can find.

Picked up a bottle of "Lucky Duck" from Walmart for about $4.00. Never heard of it 'til now. The shiraz is not terrible, but certainly nothing to brag about. It is in no way complex. It does not dance upon my palate. It goes well with the simple but ok custom-rolled NC (wouldnt taint a habano with it). It is supposedly a product of Australia. Ever heard of it?

I don't drink $4 wine unless it is in Sangria :cap:

You are missing out then becasue Dogfish Head produces some of the best ales and stouts you can find.

oh, I still hit those if I'm not looking, mainly because it's named after a FISH, not a canine,

and doesn't have an image of a smiling pooch with sunglasses on the label -

the over abundance of stupid 'dog' names for companies

has me moved on to other animals. Like fish.

Plus Dogfish has breweries close by and I enjoy a visit.

What abou the Rabit's wine we had Rob, for memory we quite enjoyed it ... Oh that reminds me I have some photos of that night I should post soon!

when he says he does not drink $4 wine unless in sangria, what he means is he won't pay that much (unless he can add it to more crap).

Never had it, but sounds like a bargain if its drinkable! I've had 2 Buck Chuck (Paid $3/bottle) reds and whites. Not complex, lack depth of flavor, but drinkable if you don't have high expectations. Purchased at Trader Joe's

dont touch the stuff.

Then you'd be out of luck at my house. The beer on tap is my own homebrew, curtesy of "Buen Perro Brewing" and most are named after dog themes and have won several awards.

You're welcome to a glass of water, however :)

-- Gary F.

I've heard of Cold Duck....a blast from the past......cheap and nasty! :)