(Montecristo Double Corona LE 2001)

I know this Prominente formatted cigar is very rare/ limited, but has anyone on this forum had an experience with this cigar. I have always been curious about it and know that I am in a forum with experts I would like to know more. And if so, do you know the availability or if it can even be purchased anywhere?

It looks like a real beauty, inside & out (given the reviews I have read)

Happy Smoking To All

post-6194-1263433078.gif

Thanks, I didn't know there was that option. Still, I guess that is not the information I am looking for. Given that his humidity was high, there is no real information on how the cigar tastes when properly aged and acquired.

Good tip though, sorry I am new here :pig:

Thanks, I didn't know there was that option. Still, I guess that is not the information I am looking for. Given that his humidity was high, there is no real information on how the cigar tastes when properly aged and acquired.

Good tip though, sorry I am new here :P

No need to apologize, I caught **** too my first time :pig:

I have one of these a nice member here gave me, will be smoking soon

Bart

No need to apologize, I caught **** too my first time :pig:

I have one of these a nice member here gave me, will be smoking soon

Bart

Bart...you never cease to amaze me. Let us know how it smokes.

Have seven or eight left from the original box and coincidentally smoked one recently (within the last month).

Just OK. These were always milder than the average bear, and while I have always said that the Monte EL have been consistently the best of the lot, I will say that they are at the bottom of my list, with the robustos and the C's at the top. Again, one man's opinion.

Not bad in any way, but not as spectacular as its brethren.

Have a full box I acquired when I learnt my wife was pregnant with our second (now due in 6 weeks). These smell wonderful. Yes, very very hard to find, if you can expect $1200 for the box. PM me if you want more info.

This look like the one?

post-79-1263452852.jpg

The fact is I can't really remember too much about them as I have not smoked one in years. I do recall memories of inconsistency and a little about the flame retardant wrappers. I remember smoking a few that I thought were really exceptional cigars and then again a few that I tossed early due to lack of wherewithal, tunneling and burning problems. All in all this and many more like them convinced me that the extra money for EL's was not money well spent. Of all the cigars that I currently own I would consider this cigar second string to that of a Upmann lonsdale, an RG lonsdale or Coronas Extra. The list is too long to publish here.

This cigar still has a wonderful bouquet however and now that the pictures have been taken back it will go in the abyss of a singles drawer. - Piggy

Pigster I think you have hit it on the head. inconsistent but simply sublime when on. my last was 18 months ago and it was very good, a shade under medium bodied with a whisked cocoa/cream note. I have also had the fire blankets in the past !LOL!