Vinotemp Electronic Humdior

hellring

Has anyone used the Vinotemp Electronic Humidor. It is a desktop humidor that controls both humidity and temperature. During the summer it would be great to to use this humdior then using air conditioning to keep my cigars at the proper temperature. Any comments would be appreciated.

Has anyone used the Vinotemp Electronic Humidor. It is a desktop humidor that controls both humidity and temperature. During the summer it would be great to to use this humdior then using air conditioning to keep my cigars at the proper temperature. Any comments would be appreciated.

Vinotemp make good medium level Wine Fridges. I would be interested to know how these units "electonically" control the humidity.

Shoot me any details you may have or a link.

http://www.vinotemp.com/View.aspx/3045/The...lectric-Humidor

Thermoelectric cooling to 66F but it looks as if you will need to use beeds for humidity control.

As suspected there is no Humidity Regulation but it should work with Puck Beads www.cigarmony.com

For $199 I would give it a shot :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I also have a 28 bottle Vinotemp wine cooler. I had custom shelves and drawers built. For humidification I have about 2lbs of HF beads. I have the temp at the highest setting which I believe is 66 degrees.

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

How is the seal on that? Anything special you have to do other than build the shelves for inside of it?

• 2 weeks later...

Another Vinotemp wine cooler owner here. This was the best investment I've made for my cigars! All you really have to do is let it "air out" for a couple days when it is new to get rid of the plastic smell, add 1-2lbs. of humidity beads and a few cigar boxes to take up space and you are set. Of course if you are like me you will want to add custom cedar drawers and shelves because they are very functional and let's face it they look cool. I have had mine for over a year now and never had the humidity dip below 60% or above 65% even in the unbearable humidity of the deep south. Some people drill out the drain plug in the bottom of the unit to allow condensation to escape but I have never had a problem because the beads just keep doing the work. I would highly recommend a Vinotemp cooler for an inexpensive and effective humidor. I'll be glad to answer any questions you have if I can be of assistance.

Blues

• 4 weeks later...
I find with my wine cooler that the humidity level can vary 5 to 7 percent from bottom to top of humidor...temperature in the same range. Is that normal or unusual?

Thanks in Advance

I know some people like to run a small battery operated fan to help keep some circulation.

Have the vinotemp 28 bottle cooled wine fridge for just over a year, sans cool custom shelving.

Very happy with it...temp. solid...there is a 6-7% variant in rH from top to bottom, but 62%-68% holds steady, and I'm okay with that range. I keep my newer boxes in bottom of the fridge (higher rH) for aging, and things I'll be smoking sooner near the top.

Have the vinotemp 28 bottle cooled wine fridge for just over a year, sans cool custom shelving.

Very happy with it...temp. solid...there is a 6-7% variant in rH from top to bottom, but 62%-68% holds steady, and I'm okay with that range. I keep my newer boxes in bottom of the fridge (higher rH) for aging, and things I'll be smoking sooner near the top.

Where is the cheapest place to get one?

can i use this for both wine and cigars?

Where is the cheapest place to get one?

can i use this for both wine and cigars?

Dito are there any retailers i australia that anybody knows of

Cheers

Oz Cuban :2thumbs:

I have a vinotemp 28 bottle. I have been marginally satisfied with it. I had some Spanish cedar shelfs made for it and have 2 lb's of Shilala beads in it. Honesty I think I have to go active on the humidifier. The beads don't recover as well when you open the door to choose a stick. The vino works great controlling the temperature.

I bought mine at a Target last year on a closeout for $45.00 no kidding.

Tim,

My 28 wine enthusiast has been up and running for a month plus. Things get better each day...but I watch the damn thing like a hawk. I keep a Mag (no pun intented) flashnight near the wineador and check at night if I get up to wee. (that's pee in australian...) I don't think I'll be a knuclehead for ever.. but it's like being with a newborn. I seem to get somewhat significant daily variations with the humidity. I two have two lbs of heartfelt beads. When I got home tonight the bottom control said 82... middle was in the mid 70's and top was in the high 60's...ouch. I clearly overcharged last night. The weather in SoCal has been all over the place.

I keep a mesh of hearfelt beads in the drain hole. I wonder if I should do something else. Condensation was heavy today as the beads in the drain were soaked. I have a thermoelectric unit. I use two OUST fans to move the air.

Time to consider the active humidification unit. I get significant spikes opening the door to. Are you thinking about one in particular?

• 2 weeks later...
I keep a mesh of hearfelt beads in the drain hole. I wonder if I should do something else. Condensation was heavy today as the beads in the drain were soaked. I have a thermoelectric unit. I use two OUST fans to move the air.

Time to consider the active humidification unit. I get significant spikes opening the door to. Are you thinking about one in particular?

In a humid situation, I would not add any water to the beads. Give dry beads a chance to regulate the humidity, and add water sparingly

and only as needed. Keep in mind that most "active" humidifiers (oasis, etc) can only add humidity - they cannot remove excess moisture.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this! The Vinotemp factory is about 25 minutes from me and I think I may pick up one of these humidors. About a 100 cigar capacity is all I need and I like the size and look of this thing. Things are heating up here in SoCal and my little desktop humi is already getting up into the mid 70's.

Thanks for posting this! The Vinotemp factory is about 25 minutes from me and I think I may pick up one of these humidors. About a 100 cigar capacity is all I need and I like the size and look of this thing. Things are heating up here in SoCal and my little desktop humi is already getting up into the mid 70's.

You can buy a 12 bottle vino temp dual zone units with dents currently on ebay...for $49.00 free shipping...a new unit. Get more room than you think you will need...I bet you will need it.

Tom

• 5 months later...
I also have a 28 bottle Vinotemp wine cooler. I had custom shelves and drawers built. For humidification I have about 2lbs of HF beads. I have the temp at the highest setting which I believe is 66 degrees.

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

Great job.

I just bought a Vinotemp VT-Bordeaux1 (42 bottle capacity) and I am looking to have custom drawers built for it.

Could you please name your source?

Thank you.

Great job.

I just bought a Vinotemp VT-Bordeaux1 (42 bottle capacity) and I am looking to have custom drawers built for it.

Could you please name your source?

Thank you.

There is an introductory forum that you can access a from the main menu. Post a short intro and get to know the folks here. Everybody's friendly and helpful. Welcome.