Origin Aftermath (A NSW Perspective) - because it deserves its own thread

I needed to start this topic to find some redemption from the night as a few of the Sydney FoH boys were eagerly looking forward to this 3rd Game of State of Origin this year and we very very excited for the first 5 minutes. We actually compared the night to the first 10 minutes of last year's AFL Grand Final between Hawthorn and Sydney...you know, things were tight for a very short time, and then the floodgates opened!

Anyway...I thought I'd take a leaf out of Ken's book and title this topic on his here...

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123603

So, after the score was 30 or 40 to 2 (or something like that) a few of us started to enjoy a slow smoke around the outdoor heater and have a look at the results below...

post-23478-0-16639600-1436425622_thumb.jpost-23478-0-25239100-1436425628_thumb.jpost-23478-0-75954500-1436425639_thumb.jpost-23478-0-61810200-1436425644_thumb.jpost-23478-0-77705300-1436425650_thumb.jpost-23478-0-13811100-1436425657_thumb.jpost-23478-0-03523000-1436425664_thumb.jpost-23478-0-72297800-1436425669_thumb.jpost-23478-0-76692500-1436425673_thumb.jpost-23478-0-13822700-1436425679_thumb.j

You may wonder why the photo of the chicken strips is included. Well, we concluded that this added something to the whole event, but exactly what, we can't say.

I joked to all and sundry that we should get in contact with Marko Bilic from Cigar Smoking World Championships and convince him to run a Sydney event at my house next year as the conditions seem favourable! We may even give Darren Cioffi's current record of 147 minutes and 27 seconds on a Montecristo No.4 a run, but only if we could bend the rules and allow talking and laughing (and light-hearted sledging for Australian competitiors)

• Like 3

I have never been so ashamed of a NSW side before, remember those 8 straight or whatever? What mental state where they in? Was Klemmer there or Gallen. Every try I noticed Dugan drop his head, like the way a teenager does when they are coping a pasting at school footy.

Well done 60 min for giving the QLD team the best motivation to flog and humiliate us, which they did very well.

Reminded me of watching Brazil capitulate to Germany spent the whole game with mouth ajar! Last night it was a lot of WTF!!

Yes agreed on the result....very disheartening for us blues....although we can at least hold our heads up when it comes to the rugby...sorry ken had to write something positive about NSW footy, irrespective of code...looks like a great night gents...

Yes agreed on the result....very disheartening for us blues....although we can at least hold our heads up when it comes to the rugby...sorry ken had to write something positive about NSW footy, irrespective of code...looks like a great night gents...

by using our old origin players?

you list yourself as a brumbies fan and are claiming to support nsw? i don't get it.

i understand that we can never wipe the fetid stain that a nsw super title has left on the game, demeaning super rugby forever, but at least they imploded this year when it counted (i can say this as an unbiased rugby fan as qld no longer has a rugby team - just a steaming, stinking heap of crap where a once glorious franchise formerly ruled - how long does it take to sack a coach?). no eds fan would ever support nsw. the final against the crusaders a few years ago, i was in the hunter valley. watched it at a pub with 180 aussies and 6 kiwis. 7 people were asked to stand outside. guess who!

i don't get how a brumbies fan takes solace in nsw rugby? for me, no true reds fan would ever do that, no matter who nsw were playing. they could play islamic state or the nra and i'd still like to see them lose.

to be honest, i am so truly sick of the nsw/aru administrative cabal and their anti-qld bias and the incompetence that they have rained upon us (if hawker and his golfing buddy pulver had any integrity they'd resign) that i sincerely hope the wallabies are knocked out before the quarters. and before anyone suggests that i am not patriotic, i would argue that i am the most patriotic of all aussies - long term gain for short term pain (i would add that i think cheika a good coach, though i think that there are huge issues - coaching both nsw and the wallabies at the same time was a disgrace but pulver/hawker too spineless to act).

Apologies ken wasn't trying t be a smart arse...I have a soft spot for the tahs as a young kid I would watch Randwick play club rugby at Coogee bay oval...school was in NSW, as was most of my rugby days, but my formative years were based in the Berra...hence my affiliation with the brumbies...super rugby had not been around when I moved south...back in Sydney these days so whilst my heart is with the brumbies, I still take an active interest in the tahs..and yes agreed that many of our players were ex qld...it's a sad state of affairs that not only australian rugby is in at the playing level, but also the management at ARU headquarters....whilst we can blame management to an extent, the players have to take some of the burden....how is it that last year we have an Australian team win the super xv comp, have 2 Aussie teams finish 1 & 4, and yet get bent over the moment the kiwis put on that black jersey...even against South Africa we struggled to perform anything close to satisfactory in the tri nations..that gold jersey doesn't mean much these days as it once did during the rod McQueen era and before...the behaviour of some players and what they are allowed to get away with by the ARU would not be tolerated by the likes of our South Pacific neighbours...yes the AB are protected but they respect the admiration and the jersey...I really fear a bigger whitewash this tri nations series and even worse at the World Cup...whilst I don't share your sentiments about where the wallabies finish in the World Cup, I can truly understand where you are coming from, I am not sure it would solve the current crisis in Australian rugby...unless of course we get beaten by Uruguay and Fiji...

Apologies ken wasn't trying t be a smart arse...I have a soft spot for the tahs as a young kid I would watch Randwick play club rugby at Coogee bay oval...school was in NSW, as was most of my rugby days, but my formative years were based in the Berra...hence my affiliation with the brumbies...super rugby had not been around when I moved south...back in Sydney these days so whilst my heart is with the brumbies, I still take an active interest in the tahs..and yes agreed that many of our players were ex qld...it's a sad state of affairs that not only australian rugby is in at the playing level, but also the management at ARU headquarters....whilst we can blame management to an extent, the players have to take some of the burden....how is it that last year we have an Australian team win the super xv comp, have 2 Aussie teams finish 1 & 4, and yet get bent over the moment the kiwis put on that black jersey...even against South Africa we struggled to perform anything close to satisfactory in the tri nations..that gold jersey doesn't mean much these days as it once did during the rod McQueen era and before...the behaviour of some players and what they are allowed to get away with by the ARU would not be tolerated by the likes of our South Pacific neighbours...yes the AB are protected but they respect the admiration and the jersey...I really fear a bigger whitewash this tri nations series and even worse at the World Cup...whilst I don't share your sentiments about where the wallabies finish in the World Cup, I can truly understand where you are coming from, I am not sure it would solve the current crisis in Australian rugby...unless of course we get beaten by Uruguay and Fiji...

no need at all for any apology. didn't think you were trying to be smart.

agree re the behaviour of the players. spare us!