Classic Flavours Poll (Part 3) - Por Larrañaga

Por Larrañaga Classic Flavours  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Montecristo week one results now in. Here's a link:-

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123224&p=607123

This week's marca is Por Larrañaga, the one which gave me the idea for this poll. Same flavour choices as last time.

Last week's total number of voters was down to 35 from 37.

Light 'em up and let me know what you're tasting!

All the best,

Iain

• Like 1

Besides fully developed caramel, it's fun to find those sticks on their way to becoming mature and getting the flavors of browning butter and sugar. Usually a flavor is there or it's not or it's masked by something heavier that eventually moderates letting the subtleties through, but 3-4 y.o. Encantos sometimes come off as if they're actually slowly cooking into caramel. Makes one wonder what's different about the chemical development of this particular flavor compared to all the others in the Universe.

What is it about the Por Larranaga blend that requires more aging than other marcas?

[insert obligatory "2 sheds" joke here . . . ] ;-P :cigar:

• Like 1

Besides fully developed caramel, it's fun to find those sticks on their way to becoming mature and getting the flavors of browning butter and sugar. Usually a flavor is there or it's not or it's masked by something heavier that eventually moderates letting the subtleties through, but 3-4 y.o. Encantos sometimes come off as if they're actually slowly cooking into caramel. Makes one wonder what's different about the chemical development of this particular flavor compared to all the others in the Universe.

What is it about the Por Larranaga blend that requires more aging than other marcas?

[insert obligatory "2 sheds" joke here . . . ] ;-P cigar.gif

I know, even with just a small group of voters, it's amazing to see which flavours most people taste across the marcas.

Why is caramel so dominant? - Is it in the blend? Or fermentation? Or just the leaf?

And I agree completely that if it's not there in the young cigar, it's not going to appear magically with ageing.

(I learned this in shed number two, btw.)

• Like 1