Classic Flavours Poll (Part 2) - Montecristo

Montecristo Classic Flavours  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So the results from Part 1 - Bolivar are in. I've published them on that thread. Here's a link:-

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=123168&p=605490

This week's marca is Montecristo. Following suggestions, I've added an Animal & Derivatives category, so some choices have been moved to that section. I've also added a couple of other options.

Otherwise the drill is the same. Fire one up and fill in what you're tasting. Last week's poll was fascinating. Hopefully we'll get more members taking part this week and beat the 37 total of last week!

Remember this is by no means definitive, taste is totally subjective, and it's just a fun way of gauging the average palate of FOH people.

Enjoy!

I had a look at the Bolivar results and the fact that Earth and Leather were so dominant spoke well for the effectiveness of the polling among our members. I look forward to these results for Montecristo. I'll take an 'educated' guess that cocoa and espresso (and cream perhaps) will be among the most nominated flavours!

• Like 1

With Monte#4 definitely taste Arabica coffee and cream with some chocolate notes mingled in. Love the flavor profile and I understand why it is perhaps the best selling Cuban cigar in the world.

• Like 1

When they are good- hard to beat.

When average still pretty good.

Just to name a few, now you can:

1999 Montecristo Especial no.2 el laguito/Upmann factories come to mind

1996-7- Montecristo no.2 = Upmann factory

recent:

UPE JUN 13 Montecristo Double Edmundo

UPE JUN 13 Montecristo no.2

Ayepatz, this is a really cool thing you're putting together! If each marca's thread could be pinned in a master folder, this would be an unprecedented and endlessly valuable resource for the online cigar world! Just think - cigar brands categorized by (generally) achieved cigar palates.

Me, I'm just finishing up a mid-2014 Monte Esp 1 and it is just a fabulous ride through the Montecristo profile. Every centimeter introduces a new take on the general theme, much akin to a symphony.

Ayepatz, this is a really cool thing you're putting together! If each marca's thread could be pinned in a master folder, this would be an unprecedented and endlessly valuable resource for the online cigar world! Just think - cigar brands categorized by (generally) achieved cigar palates.

Thanks man. If enough peeps are interested, then maybe one of the Mods could set that up?