For all of us with a "Cigar Peeping Tom" Fetish

For months, I've been researching pretty much every device on the market that will allow you to monitor the conditions inside your Humidor anywhere in the world via the Internet, on a computer or mobile device. I've tried several out and ended up sending them all back for refunds. ( including one that markets itself specifically for cigars and humidors) !

Well, we have a Winner!!!!

-accurate relays

- comes with detailed data logging that gets downloaded straight to your computer

- plug and play simplicity

-monitored via Internet

-monitored via mobile phone app

- customizable alerts

-alerts sent via email

-alerts sent via mobile text alert

- additional probe with 6 ft. wire

- cost efficient

- ease of setup

I have mine in my humidor and the probe inside an actual box of cigars. I can check it from my phone and/or log in from any computer. In addition to all of that, I set up alerts sent to my phone, and detailed data logging is automatically downloaded and saved to my computer.

http://www.ambientweather.com/latx60uset.html

I love it!!!! I'm about to go out of town for 10 days, and it's pretty cool I can keep tabs on my babies, while I'm away.

THAT is very cool!

Let me know how it is working.

I have been woking on a new source for controls. Only time will tell if they ultimately work out the way I would like.

Thanks for posting my friend. Hope you are feeling better. -R

I've looked at this before but what put me off is that they do not specify the accuracy of the hygrometer, not does it show it can be calibrated.

This one looked more interesting for me, but I am waiting for the product to be launched first

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52038469/knut-stay-connected?ref=live

I've looked at this before but what put me off is that they do not specify the accuracy of the hygrometer, not does it show it can be calibrated.

This one looked more interesting for me, but I am waiting for the product to be launched first

http://www.kickstart...nected?ref=live

I've been using it for about a month now, and it is very accurate and is probably the more scientifically efficient than many other models I've tried.

• 1 year later...

This looks like a great product.. My only question is what happens if the humidor is having a problem and you are away? It would only add to my misery.. What I would like is a device that can be controlled via wifi sort of like the Nest which is a home thermostat that can be controlled by an app on your phone.. imagine an active humidifier connected to your home network controlled by an app on your phone.

For some reason the link you provided only sends me to their front page of the website. what's the name of the product you're referencing?

Sorry about that. It is the WS-10 Wireless indoor/outdoor 8 Channel Thermo-Hygrometer

This looks like a great product.. My only question is what happens if the humidor is having a problem and you are away? It would only add to my misery.. What I would like is a device that can be controlled via wifi sort of like the Nest which is a home thermostat that can be controlled by an app on your phone.. imagine an active humidifier connected to your home network controlled by an app on your phone.

Yes. You make a good point for folks who want to be able to control with an iPhone or such. I'm good with sitting at my desk with my mini comand center. When I'm away. I'm away and hope for the best.

Yeah but what happens when your babies drop below your ideal humidity and you are thousands of miles from home. Do you really want to know about it and think about it the whole time? And god forbid you try to instruct a wife how to recharge humidifer lmao. You would come back to a humidor half full of water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So I bought the WS-08 and the only thing I find different is it just doesn't sound the alarm for min/max and it displays 3 sensors readings at a time instead of 2. No software or instructions came with it for a phone app. Where does one find these or did the original OP refer to something entirely different?