Partagas Serie D No. 4

Just wanted to share the content of a parcel which was handed to me by a nice neighbour (glad she was home today). They look beautiful and I wish you could get the smell of this box, magnificent. I will put them in my humidor so that they can recover a bit from the journey and do a review some time soon.

I'm not too sure about the colour in those pics, fiddled a little bit with my camera settings. Hope you still get a good impression.

Box code: OPM DIC 09

post-6964-1282080694.jpg

post-6964-1282080714.jpg

post-6964-1282080722.jpg

post-6964-1282080741.jpg

post-6964-1282080750.jpg

post-6964-1282080760.jpg

post-6964-1282080770.jpg

post-6964-1282080777.jpg

post-6964-1282080786.jpg

post-6964-1282080792.jpg

post-6964-1282080800.jpg

post-6964-1282080806.jpg

post-6964-1282080814.jpg

post-6964-1282080824.jpg

post-6964-1282080830.jpg

post-6964-1282080732.jpg

Nice photos. The stogies look suspect. You better send 'em to me for inspection. ;)

But seriously. Excellent cigars the SD4's. They just get better over time. Mine are a little over 2 years old. Very rich in flavour, lots of dimension to the cigar. Never boring. A true classic.

I assume you liked them :D Enjoy

Lisa

Oh yes, I do. Thanks a lot, Lisa! Can't wait for the next ones...

Gorgeous box! They get better with age, even a few months makes a huge difference. Smoke a couple, and put the rest away until Christmas. It will be a very Merry Christmas indeed!

You're right, they're still quite young. One or two have to sacrifice for a review and the rest is going to lie comfortably in my humidor until Christmas (brilliant idea).

Nice photos. The stogies look suspect. You better send 'em to me for inspection. :2thumbs:

But seriously. Excellent cigars the SD4's. They just get better over time. Mine are a little over 2 years old. Very rich in flavour, lots of dimension to the cigar. Never boring. A true classic.

Nice try! I can send some pictures though of me happily puffing them away. :(

Don't know if I can resist that long but I reckon two years will do them really good. Just have to pull myself together...

Congrats on your first box.

Isn't it funny how we take pics of our new cigars as though we are taking pics of our newborn baby?

Yeah, it felt a bit weird (those were my first cigar pictures ever). Should have seen the look of my girlfriend. Probably thinks I'm totally crazy now. Guess we both have to get used to it! :D

Hello Micha,

Super pictures of a wonderful cigar! The PSD4 was also my first purchase from the Czar. I just love the combindation of flavor and this size vitola (robusto). Do take some more pictures of you enjoying the smoke with your girlfriend too.

Beste Gruesse aus Minnesota,

Curtiss

Nice pics Micha, thanks for sharing them with us. Congrats on busting your cherry with your first box purchase from our esteemed host. The PSD4 is a very nice cigar, and a staple in my humidor as well as many others I know. Enjoy them.

Never seen so many photos taken of the same stick. After seeing your post and the live review might light a PSD4 tonight, Kolkata here we come!

I couldn't really decide on which ones to dump. I promise to be a little more picky on the next boxes.

Hello Micha,

Super pictures of a wonderful cigar! The PSD4 was also my first purchase from the Czar. I just love the combindation of flavor and this size votila (robusto). Do take some more pictures of you enjoying the smoke with your girlfriend too.

Beste Gruesse aus Minnesota,

Curtiss

I'll certainly do that, the first one smoked (or maybe the second) is going to be reviewed with some pictures.

Actually, I preferred the corona vitola a little. Guess I was scared a bit by the ring gauge of the robustos. But having tried a few totally changed my mind. I still like the corona size a lot, but flavourwise I think that the robusto format could actually be superior. Well, that could also be a false impression (haven't tried a Partagas corona yet - is there one?).

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to smoking the first one of these beauties.

Best regards from Berlin, Michael

• 3 weeks later...

My first box too. Just ordered tehm today... well last night for those down under!

I first smoked these cigars over sea's and is one of my fav's. It most be a fav of many judging from how many people order them as their first box. I can't wait to get mine!

Doc