Luxury

lb_interior_misc5.jpg

Hi everyone - just a nice bit of luxury for the automotively enthused out there. The Rolls Royce humidor fits in the glove compartment door of the Rolls Royce Phantom and Phantom Drophead Coupé and pops out when pushed. The humidor can store and protect up to three cigars. Unfortunately, it's a $3530 (US) option, and only allows for 3 cigars (probably less than a mornings' work for some of the reprobates I see posting here!). Still, what could be better than a new Roller as your personal smoking lounge?

Personally I quite enjoy a smoke in the car. My old (and well worn) GMC Yukon doesn't have a humidor though, so maybe I'd better part it in for the Rolls. It would probably cover the cost of the humidor as a trade-in!

All my cars have built-in humidors. It is called a box of cigars on the passenger seat. I too smoke a lot when I drive. And yes, I have been known to leave a whole box of cigars in the car! - Piggy

True, and that's probably going to be the answer for most of us. It's still a lovely bit of kit, much like the Overfinch / Holland & Holland Range Rover that comes with a self replenishing drinks cabinet (they come out and fill it for you as necessary) and a beautiful walnut veneer gun cabinet...

range_rover_overfinch_holland_2009_017.jpg

Like many, I have better taste than my wallet allows! Looks like I'll be crazy-gluing a 10 ct Xikar to the dashboard after all. Shotguns will have to stay on the back seat where they belong, and who needs a built in wine fridge when you can chug Liebfraumilch from the bottle?

Wow, how does one afford that!?!?!?! :)

'One' has three options; earn it (ouch), inherit it (bad luck Onsto, shame you were born poor) or steal it (which is where the shotguns come in)...

It costs £120000 in the UK (c. $200000 US). Knowing Rangers as I do (had a number of LandRover products when I lived in the UK, including a P38 Range and a LWB Defender) it will probably cost the same again in parts and labour over the first five years. The good news is that if you want a used one, they depreciate so fast that the beleagred first owner will probably have to give you money to take it away, at which point it will catastrophically and expensively break down again.

That said, I'd have one again in a heartbeat if they weren't so expensive (particularly parts and service items) in Canada. There's something about blasting down the highway at insane speeds in 2 tons of gentlemans club that really makes you feel fantastic. As a nod to the forum (and as an apology for my wanking on about something entirely unrelated to CC) you can, of course, smoke a cigar whilst doing so. [/end drool]

The Rolls Royce humidor fits in the glove compartment door of the Rolls Royce Phantom and Phantom Drophead Coupé and pops out when pushed.

Where else would one keep their Cohiba Gran Reservas? I'll need two - one for weekdays, one for weekends.

Where else would one keep their Cohiba Gran Reservas? I'll need two - one for weekdays, one for weekends.

Thanks, I'll just get that order written up for you. To whom shall we address the unfortunate matter of the invoice?

K. Gargett, Esquire.

Well, judging by the state of his pants on some of the videos I've been watching he's not been wasting cash on fancy clothes (sorry Ken) so maybe he's socked enough away to help you out!

Well, judging by the state of his pants on some of the videos I've been watching he's not been wasting cash on fancy clothes (sorry Ken) so maybe he's socked enough away to help you out!

He's merely eccentric - known as the Howard Hughes of Brisbane.

... ehhh, what the hell! Toss them under there too. What good is a shotgun that you are afraid to hunt with?

In my limited experience of H&H, only the super wealthy can consider using them at all. Many are trophies in their own right and rarely taken out of their cases. The rifles are a different story - beautifully balanced and relatively inexpensive (by comparison - c $15k). Personally I couldn't care less - a rifle is a rifle, if you take the time to zero it properly it'll do the job. Shotguns are for close quarters and bank robbers.

In my limited experience of H&H, only the super wealthy can consider using them at all. Many are trophies in their own right and rarely taken out of their cases. The rifles are a different story - beautifully balanced and relatively inexpensive (by comparison - c $15k). Personally I couldn't care less - a rifle is a rifle, if you take the time to zero it properly it'll do the job. Shotguns are for close quarters and bank robbers.

I look at firearms much the same way as cigars. Firearms are to be used and cigars are to be smoked! I have a few of both!!!! It does not mean that I won't save a cigar for a special occasion, or resist smoking a large cigar until a day that I can sit down and enjoy the moment. Nor does it mean that I have shot every gun that I own. I have a brace of Colt single action pistols that my dad bought from a Colt FA patent attorney that he had hanging on his wall (this was many years ago). They are finely made, unfired with many gold plated parts. I have no desire to fire them, it would ruin their aesthetics. Those are the exceptions to the rule. Unless they were a bargain, like they were for my dad, I would never have bought them for myself. They are guns made as artwork. Colt made very nice single actin revolvers.

I consider both FA's and cigars utilitarian products; I am not a collector. I have an antique browning O/U that I will shoot right along side my newer model. That is what they were made for. If I could afford a Holland and Holland shotgun... I could afford to hunt birds with it and I would likely do so, or simply be satisfied shooting a nice shotgun at 1/20th the price! Cheers, - Piggy

How is smoking inside a car? I imagine it would be really smokey and detract from the experience. But, admittedly I have never smoked in a car. My favorite would be indoors in a room with high ceilings (Vegas), close second is an open air lobby (tropical vacation).

How is smoking inside a car? I imagine it would be really smokey and detract from the experience. But, admittedly I have never smoked in a car. My favorite would be indoors in a room with high ceilings (Vegas), close second is an open air lobby (tropical vacation).

Its pretty pleasant actually. A personal favourite is when the Mrs. demands some time at the shops, I will just park up in a quiet corner and watch the world go by whilst having a smoke. I've got a big leather seat, usually a bit of sport on the radio and 2 hours of time to myself. Even better, I get to smile smugly at all the guys that are being dragged into the Gap!