R & J Tubos 1, 2, 3. New style standard tubes.

Hi Guys,

I'm after a date that the new style standard tubes (red/white) became available for these tubos.

If you have a box of these (or the earlier silver tubes) can you post a date so I can work out a cut-off point?

Many thanks

Trevor,

I have a box of Romeo No. 1, ENH Feb '04 and a box of Romeo No. 2, OBR Mar '05. Both boxes are silver tubes.

I don't know if that narrows it down a bit but there you go.

I just realised I have a 10 count box of Romeo No. 1, GEA May '08, these have the new red and white tubes.

Trevor,

I have a box of Romeo No. 1, ENH Feb '04 and a box of Romeo No. 2, OBR Mar '05. Both boxes are silver tubes.

I don't know if that narrows it down a bit but there you go.

I just realised I have a 10 count box of Romeo No. 1, GEA May '08, these have the new red and white tubes.

Definitely getting there.....sometime on or after 2005, and on or before 2008. (I thought it was 2006!)

I'm sure that we will get it narrowed down.

If it's any help, I remember seeing the new tubes in the shops for the 1s and 2s about 6 months after the Short Churchill tubes came out. I first saw the Short Churchills on the shelves about late summer/early autumn '06.

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the info.

I think I will go with c2006 for the new tubes.

It is possible/probable in some parts of the world that the new tubes were not physically available until 2007.

Cheers.